Career Services Manager
San Francisco, California, United States /
Featured Roles – Featured Roles /
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education experiences in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and more. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a bigger community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, supportive student advisors, and — most critically — career coaches who guide them through their job searches. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our grads.
As our student body grows, we’re looking to hire a Career Services Manager to support our growth! You’ll lead a dedicated, entrepreneurial team of career coaches, supporting students from all over the world from the start of their courses through landing job offers. In addition to coaching coaches, you’ll anticipate and resolve student issues and seek out opportunities to drive improvements our Career Services offerings. Our students will thank you for helping them succeed, and you’ll help Springboard take its celebrated Career Services to the next level!
- Ensure adequate coaching capacity to meet student SLA’s by hiring, onboarding, and supervising a team of remote career coaches who can expertly guide our students
- Develop training resources for coaches to ensure quality and relevancy of the coaching they deliver; stay current on trends and facilitate knowledge-sharing among coaches to keep their industry skills up-to-date
- Set and manage to KPI’s for coach performance; be accountable for student satisfaction and job placement metrics
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our services by gathering stakeholder feedback (students, employers, coaches), analyzing data to identify trends, and communicating findings to various audiences (including course managers and course developers), and partnering cross-functionally with Student Success, Mentor Operations and Product to implement improvements
- Provide 1:1 career coaching for our Data Science & Analytics students and address escalated student concerns from coaches
- Represent the Career Services perspective on cross-functional, course-specific teams
- Support career curriculum development as needed
- Bring 2+ years’ experience in coaching or advising in a 1:1 capacity, specifically supporting individuals’ job search and career goals for technical roles
- Bring 2+ years of experience in building and developing a team, ideally with experience in managing remote teams
- Are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written); you articulate clearly and with empathy
- Are outcomes and metrics-oriented
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and value process
- Are empathetic and interested in helping people solve problems and improve their lives
- Love learning and want to work on a team that will invest in your personal/professional development
- Are passionate about education and supporting individuals transition into new careers
Bonus points if you have...
- Knowledge of the data industry and hiring trends, as this will likely be the subject area you support
- Experience in learning and development or training for career coaches
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.