San Francisco, California, United States /
Course Development – Course Development /
At Springboard, we are on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education for “new economy” skills like UX design and cybersecurity. Since our inception, we have served thousands of students around the world, using a combination of best-in-class curricula, project-based deliverables, and 1:1 mentorship — all aimed at giving upskilling students an advantage on the job market. Our curricula are collaboratively developed by teams of subject matter experts, copywriters, and instructional designers.
As one of Springboard’s copywriters, you’ll own the words we use to communicate with our students. You’ll craft and refine our voice across our platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape a new kind of educational language: one that’s future-focused and built for the web, yet grounded in humanness, relationships, and making learning fun.
- Collaborate with the Course Development team, including Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts, to write and edit new and existing curricular content, including resource descriptions, project instructions, unit introductions, articles, etc.
- Translate technical copy into easy-to-understand student-facing content that incorporates text and visual elements to communicate key course concepts
- Edit, proofread, and be the final pair of eyes on student-facing material
- Work with the Product, Design, and Ops teams to write, edit, and improve copy for product features on our platform and automated emails for various audiences
- Bring 2-3 years of experience creating engaging consumer-facing material on the web
- Can quickly learn/understand complex, jargon-heavy new material, and translate it into simple, clear language for a lay audience
- Have a high level of comfort with technical content and are able to comprehend technical concepts quickly in order to have meaningful discussions with SMEs
- Bonus points if you’ve created content related to technical topics like data science or cybersecurity
- Are able to turn dense technical concepts into easy-to-understand visuals in collaboration with Instructional Designers
- Possess exceptional communication, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Love the nuances of writing and are detail-oriented enough to spot a typo from a mile away
- Can work independently and cross-functionally, especially within course development, product, design, and operations teams
- Are deeply empathetic and can quickly understand a reader’s mindset and build writing principles around this mindset
- Are passionate about improving education for the future
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.