Brand Marketing Lead
San Francisco, California, United States /
Marketing – Marketing /
Are you a brand marketer looking to apply your skills and make an impact at a fast-growing, mission-driven company? Are you energized, rather than unnerved, by big, hairy, audacious goals? If your answer to all these questions is yes, we have an incredible opportunity for you!
Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about improving education and bridging the world’s skills gap. Our 100% online programs give anyone, anywhere access to a world-class education through a combination of a web-based platform, project-based learning model, and ongoing 1:1 mentorship for each student. We’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives!
We’ve seen incredible revenue growth so far, driven by a talented and versatile marketing team. We’re now looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to join the team and help us amplify the Springboard story. The ideal candidate is a creative, driven, thoughtful marketer that wants to lead the creation of brand strategies, ensure brand consistency and enhance brand affinity. You will be responsible for working with an exceptional marketing team to develop and evaluate strategies, plan and coordinate brand marketing efforts, identify and allocate resources to different projects to build awareness, and positioning. Ideally, you are a consumer-centric marketer with proven experience in marketing alternative education, ability to tell engaging product stories, and to analyze business and customer insights to help inform decisions.
- Play a lead role in Springboard brand strategy development (e.g. positioning, architecture, visual identity), go-to-market planning and execution (creative, media, production, reporting) while guiding and supporting internal marketing partners in strategy and execution
- Oversee internal brand evolution across departments
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to identify, shape and fulfill brand needs and guide on appropriate brand usage (e.g. co-branding).
- Leverage market insights, competitive intelligence and deep consumer insights to write comprehensive brand strategy briefs, optimize campaigns, inform future campaigns and develop corporate roadmaps.
- Lead cross-functional teams in brand campaign development and activation.
- Collaborate closely with VP Marketing to plan, execute and track brand marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Have 5-7 years of consumer brand management and marketing experience; ideally including a mix of agency and startup environments
- Are a data-driven self-starter with experience navigating in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Have brand expertise with demonstrated brand strategy experience (e.g. brand architecture, brand identity work)
- Have experience with establishing and scaling consumer brands in Series A/B companies (including in education tech, alternative education, or consumer tech) in a variety of context and scenarios
- Have demonstrated ability to provide leadership and mentorship to build internal culture through brand evangelism
- Diplomacy and strong business acumen with proven experience influencing others and gaining internal mind share
- Are fluent in online and offline brand metrics and measurement
- Have demonstrated ability to create structure and codify practices, and process
- Are adept at working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.