Senior Blockchain Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
About Spring Labs:
Spring Labs is redefining how data is exchanged for the new age of data sharing, security, and consumer privacy through decentralization. Our Spring Protocol Tech Stack, which includes the use of Blockchain and Cryptography, allows institutions to share information directly among themselves to verify identities and reduce fraud - all while protecting consumer data.
Working at Spring Labs is about being part of a collaborative team, comprised of some of the most talented people in the industry. You would be welcomed into a fun, inclusive environment where we care as much about our employees as we do about our product.
About the Senior Blockchain Engineer Role:
We are looking for a Senior Blockchain Engineer to serve as one of the foundational builders of our decentralized network for credit and identity on the blockchain. In this role, you will lead development efforts for a network based on a highly modified fork of Ethereum that extends its capabilities to enable privacy-preserving smart contracts and enterprise integration.
What You'll Do
- Design and build the back-end blockchain functionality for our protocol
- You will maintain a well-tested codebase with continuous integration and coverage reporting
- You will champion an atmosphere of open-source contribution and code collaboration
- Collaboratively define blockchain systems architecture and best practices
- Write high caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and problem-solving
- 5+ yrs of experience in systems programming or back-end development
- Strong understanding of Golang, Solidity, and/or Python
- Strong understanding of Postgres and SQL
- Experience building and scaling decentralized and distributed systems
- Display a mastery of applied cryptographic principles (asymmetric versus symmetric encryption, digital signatures, hashing, message authentication, generating and safely transferring key pairs)
- You have experience with complex deployment pipelines using tools like Chef, Ansible, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Industry experience in blockchain development (e.g., Ethereum, Solidity, truffle, bitcoin contracts, etc.)
- Previous experience in FinTech, including fraud, payments and credit
- You have worked with product teams to understand how complex systems interface through the front-end with the eventual end consumers, and know how to preemptively make trade-offs that will simplify integration with real business needs
- Casual Work Environment
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Free Gym
- Weekly Office Events
- Unlimited PTO
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.