Junior Front End Engineer
New York, NY /
Product, Data, and Engineering – Engineering /
Full time work anywhere
Spruce is the platform enabling modern real estate transactions. We work with forward thinking mortgage lenders, real estate companies and investors, and we believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation, efficiency and digital experiences, and we provide the products and services necessary to make that happen.
As a part of the Spruce Engineering team, you will help to build a cutting edge platform that will define the future of real estate transactions. In this role, your strong skills and knowledge in modern web platforms, frameworks, and techniques will be put to the test while we create new technology based efficiencies and engineer a transparent, fast transaction process that improves access to the largest source of capital most of us will ever have - real estate.
We are seeking talented front end software engineers to join us, reporting to the Director of Engineering. Engineers on our team play a critical role in developing user interfaces, user-facing features, and infrastructure, as well as contributing to our team culture. As one of our colleagues, you'll bring your communication skills and unique background to help make ours a diverse, fun, caring and productive team.
What you'll do
- Help build Spruce's user-facing (buyers, sellers, clients, lenders, internal operations) applications and user interfaces
- Collaborate using Agile methodologies with Design and Product teams to craft technical solutions to business problems
- Help optimize overall system reliability and performance
- Continuously learn and challenge yourself and others
What we're looking for
- You love building high quality software
- You are intellectually curious and comfortable learning and experimenting with new technologies
- You are thoughtful about architectural decisions; you value simplicity
- You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood
- You thrive in a fast-paced early stage startup environment
- You have 1+ years of experience, or equivalent, with React
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.