Senior Backend Engineer
New York, NY /
Product, Data, and Engineering – Engineering /
Full time work anywhere
Spruce is the platform enabling modern real estate transactions. We work with forward thinking mortgage lenders, real estate companies and investors, and we believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation, efficiency and digital experiences, and we provide the products and services necessary to make that happen.
ABOUT THE JOB
Spruce is a real estate tech company changing the face of the real estate transaction. As a part of the Spruce Engineering team, you will help to build a cutting edge platform that will define the future of real estate transactions. In this role, your strong skills and knowledge in modern web platforms, frameworks, and techniques will be put to the test while we lower transaction costs, create new technology based efficiencies and engineer a transparent, fast transaction process that improves access to the largest source of capital most of us will ever have - real estate.
We are always seeking talented full-stack software engineers to join us. Engineers on our team play a critical role in developing infrastructure, user-facing features and contributing to our development culture. As a Senior Engineer, you'll be a technical leader and contributor to projects, delivering value throughout the product lifecycle. You'll also be contributor to our Engineering culture by bringing your communication skills and your unique background to work.
What you'll do
- Bring Spruce’s user-facing (buyers, sellers, clients, lenders, internal operations) properties from their infancy to mature, industry-leading products
- Collaborate using Agile methodologies with Design and Product to craft technical solutions to business problems
- Learn and share functional programming techniques as we hone our tools and approaches
- Attack hard UX problems
- Help ensure uptime, performance and user experience are delivered without compromise
- Maintain full visibility of the status of the projects for which you are responsible
- Continuously learn and challenge yourself and others in an open discussion to improve code and products.
What we're looking for
- You love crafting great interfaces and interactions
- You make a habit of learning and experimenting with new technologies
- You’re thoughtful about framework design decisions; considering downstream outcomes, testing, and UX considerations
- You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others
- You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood.
- You thrive in a fast-paced early stage startup environment
- You have 2+ years of experience, or equivalent skills
- Bonus points for experience with, React, MobX, Rails, TypeScript
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.