New York, NY /
Product, Data, and Engineering – Data Science /
Full time flexible location
Spruce is the platform enabling modern real estate transactions. We work with forward thinking mortgage lenders, real estate companies and investors, and we believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation, efficiency and digital experiences, and we provide the products and services necessary to make that happen.
About the job
Spruce is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join its growing Data Science team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in real estate and will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
As a part of the Data Science team, you will help build a cutting edge platform that will define the future of real estate transactions. Your ability to help turn data into practical, production-ready features will help us automate some of the manual work of processing real estate transactions
What you'll do
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations as part of a team building the industry’s first automated title search platform
- Use Python to collect and parse real estate records from 3rd party data sources
- Using this data, train and implement predictive underwriting models
- Convert existing offline prototype models to fully automated, high performance production systems
- 1-2 years working experience as a data scientist or data engineer
- Experience with Python and SQL in a work setting
- Working knowledge of web-scraping packages such as Selenium
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or equivalent
- Experience developing and implementing statistical models, especially in the ML / AI family
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.