Fetterman for PA - Press Assistant
Pittsburgh, PA /
Lt. Governor John Fetterman seeks a Press Assistant to support a competitive federal campaign. Ideal Press Assistant candidates have a proven track record of working collaboratively, excel in fast-paced environments, and have at least one cycle of campaign or government experience. Candidates should have an understanding of political campaign structures and regularly monitor the news of the day. The Press Assistant will need to possess strong writing and research skills along with an ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, paid position. The position will go through November. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with the Communications Director to develop, manage and execute press strategy
- Closely monitor the news cycle, evaluate risks and opportunities in real-time, exercise sound judgment to secure rapid-response media opportunities
- Proactively stories to media
- Staff candidate during interviews
- Manage and organize press events, including press turnout, run of show, media relations
- Coordinate with local, state, and national reporters on behalf of campaign
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excel in fast-paced work environments
- 1-2 years cycle on a campaign or government position
- Understanding of political campaign structures and news monitoring
- Strong writing and research skills
- Multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Access to reliable transportation (and a valid driver's license)
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed
Salary is $4,000/month plus health care and dental.
Fetterman For PA is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion among its staff. We strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply and will hire based on qualifications of the candidate without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status.