Fetterman for PA - Senior Research Associate
Pittsburgh, PA /
Fetterman for PA is seeking a Senior Research Associate.
The Senior Research Associate is a key member of the research team and the entire campaign. The Senior Research Associate will take the lead on both long- and short-term research products helping to develop research narratives, prepare pushback documents, and assist with rapid-response. We are looking for someone with strong research skills, attention to detail, who is a responsive, passionate and determined worker with a creative approach to identifying research opportunities, and who has experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires accurate work on tight deadlines.
- Conduct research using public records, news clips, campaign finance reports, travel records, disclosures, and research databases to create cohesive narratives for campaign earned and paid media
- Create rapid response documents on tight timelines with precision and attention to detail
- Monitor incoming press coverage, social media traffic, online updates, video uploads, public event announcements, and other relevant updates and create accompanying materials as needed
- Conduct vetting and fact-checking exercises, as needed
- Experience with political research (self and/or opposition) research for one or more campaign cycles
- The ability to translate complex information into clear, concise writing and language with tight deadlines
- Proficient understanding and substantive experience with online research tools, specifically Lexis-Nexis, as well as Microsoft Office systems
- Care for accuracy and attention to detail
- A self-starter who can proactively solve problems, communicate, and flag any problems
- Sharp political instincts and judgment
- Discretion and sound judgment when dealing with sensitive information
Salary is $5,000/month, plus benefits.
Fetterman For PA is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion among its staff. We strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply and will hire based on qualifications of the candidate without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status.