Data Science Team Lead
Palo Alto, California
Spry Health’s mission is to build the world’s largest physiological dataset to map human health, understand disease, and create new medical knowledge. We are breaking new ground in the field of physiological signal processing and are looking for an experienced and motivated researcher to join our talented R&D team. The Algorithm Team Lead will take big responsibilities on our core science team and break new ground in health monitoring technology through physiological signal processing. We are the first to collect continuous, physiological signal from thousands of patients.
Our dataset contains important information that would be a building block in medicine and physiological monitoring, discovering new physiological biomarkers that would help us combat disease. However, this signal is very challenging—we have made significant progress but are looking for someone who will take our team to the next level.
The right person for this role is a natural leader with proven experience leading a team of PhD level researchers to solve world-class problems, through experimentation, analysis and algorithm development. We are looking for an independent leader who leads by example and eager to both share their expertise as well as learn from our small team of world-class experts and engineers. Together you will solve problems never solved before.
- Create a quarterly R&D plan together with the CTO and the algorithm team
- Execute on R&D plan together with the team, establish clear goals and communicate regularly with CTO and team, own and manage projects timeline and goals
- Design and execute experiments to achieve key company milestones in bench and clinical settings, done internally or with external partners
- Lead the development of product-ready algorithms based on experimental results
- Lead the development of tools to develop and deploy machine learning algorithms and statistical models
Qualifications and Requirements
- Demonstrated technical depth in one of the following fields: Machine learning, Bioengineering/biomedical/biological signal analysis, Physiological modeling, Digital signal processing
- PhD, or Masters with equivalent industry research experience, in one of the following fields: Electrical Engineering, Signal Processing, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics
- Demonstrated experience leading a team, managing and coaching direct reports
- Strong foundation in math, statistics, and information theory
- Proficient in Python or Matlab and source control (Git)
- Ability to work independently with minimal input on broad project goals
- Eager to learn and excited to tackle unfamiliar engineering challenges with rigorous, analytical approaches
- Strong critical thinker, active listener, and great communicator
- Capacity to take work seriously while not taking oneself seriously—sense of humor is compulsory
Spry Health provides health care organizations with real-time, actionable clinical analytics to enable delivery of precision care to their patients when they need it, prevent hospital admissions, and reduce spending. Its easy-to-use wearable device is the first to deliver predictive health insights by creating continuous, industry-standard vital sign monitoring.
We are a lean team working on real technical challenges to fundamentally change how people interact with healthcare. You will get to collaborate on unsolved complex problems with some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley. We hire collaborative, humble, and resourceful individuals and give them opportunities to grow and succeed. Your teammates enjoy puns, good coffee, and cooking challenges.
Spry Health is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Annual Salary Range: $135,000 - $160,000
Equity Range: 0.35 - 0.50%
This is a full-time position in Palo Alto, CA.
Remote work is not an option at this time.