Research Engineer, Algorithms
Palo Alto, California
Spry Health’s mission is to build the world’s largest physiological dataset to map human health, understand disease, and create new medical knowledge. We are breaking new ground in the field of physiological signal processing and are looking for an experienced and motivated researcher to join our talented R&D team. The Research Engineer will take big responsibilities on our core science team and break new ground in health monitoring technology through physiological signal processing. We are the first to collect continuous, physiological signal from thousands of patients.
Our dataset contains important information that would be a building block in medicine and physiological monitoring, discovering new physiological biomarkers that would help us combat disease. However, this signal is very challenging—we have made significant progress but are looking for someone who will take our team to the next level.
The right person for this role is an independent individual eager to both share their expertise in signal processing as well as learn from our small team of world-class experts and engineers. Together you will solve problems never addressed before.
- Solve estimation and filtering problems with physiological signals
- Statistically model and analyze signal chain and data acquisition methods
- Analyze signals collected by our Loop band, with its state-of-the-art physiological signals sensor array
- Experiment with adaptive analog and digital noise reduction
- Analyze sensor performance and create new sensor architectures
Qualifications and Requirements
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Signal Processing
- Expertise in estimation and filtering
- Experience working with low SNR signals, and parameter extraction in the presence of noise
- Strong foundation in math, statistics, and information theory
- Proficient in Python or Matlab and source control (Git)
- Ability to work independently with minimal input on broad project goals
- Eager to learn and excited to tackle unfamiliar engineering challenges with rigorous, analytical approaches
- Strong critical thinker, active listener, and great communicator
- Capacity to take work seriously while not taking oneself seriously—sense of humor is compulsory
Spry Health provides health care organizations with real-time, actionable clinical analytics to enable delivery of precision care to their patients when they need it, prevent hospital admissions, and reduce spending. Its easy-to-use wearable device is the first to deliver predictive health insights by creating continuous, industry-standard vital sign monitoring.
We are a lean team working on real technical challenges to fundamentally change how people interact with healthcare. You will get to collaborate on unsolved complex problems with some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley. We hire collaborative, humble, and resourceful individuals and give them opportunities to grow and succeed. Your teammates enjoy puns, good coffee, and cooking challenges.
Spry Health is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Annual Salary Range: $100,000 - $135,000
Equity Range: 0.10 - 0.25%
This is a full-time position in Palo Alto, CA.
Remote work is not an option at this time.