Manufacturing Operations Manager
Palo Alto, California
Spry Health’s mission is to build the world’s largest physiological dataset to map human health, understand disease, and create new medical knowledge. We are making a first-of-its-kind medical wearable device that includes optical, mechanical and electrical systems. The Manufacturing Operations Manager will have a direct impact on virtually all physical products in Spry. You will define how the next generation of the Loop, our innovative medical wearable, is made. This role will be reporting directly to our CTO and working alongside the head of manufacturing and our regulatory and quality resources.
These products that you will be tasked with manufacturing will positively impact the lives of many thousands of patients. You will be in charge of getting our products from NPI to MP. You will get to negotiate and interact with multiple suppliers and vendors, and represent Spry Health with mass-production manufacturing partners. You will become an expert in working with manufacturing and sourcing partners, in a regulated environment.
You will also be involved in R&D projects to ensure that once they transition into production, the right design choices are made. This role will be required to make strategic and tactical decisions on design for manufacturing, sourcing, supply chain management, quality systems and more.
The right person for this role has successfully brought a product to mass production, feels comfortable working with vendors, manufacturing facilities, and makes sure quality, timeline and design goals are met. We are looking for a team player who is committed to quality and would feel at home dealing with the challenges of medical device manufacturing.
- Project planning and reporting
- Project coordination with different internal teams
- Managing product development and industrialization (EE, ME, SW/FW)
- Identification, selection and management of partners, suppliers and vendors
- Working with suppliers and vendors located overseas in different geographic regions and time zones
- Supply chain management: supplier management, stock management, purchasing
- Order management: production scheduling with suppliers, invoicing, shipping
- Working with QA and QC departments to identify assorted types of problems and driving suppliers and vendors to resolve the problems
Qualifications and Requirements
- Mandatory 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Mandatory experience getting a product from NPI to MP
- Strong critical thinker, active listener, and great communicator
- Experience with medical, consumer electronics or wearable devices
- Experience with suppliers and vendors outside of the USA
- Willing and able to travel to Asia frequently and/or for extended periods of time. For example, staying in China up for 2-3 weeks per trip is common.
- Capacity to take work seriously while not taking oneself seriously—sense of humor is compulsory
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible hours and generous vacation
- Stock options
- Guideline 401k - Retirement Mutual Fund Management
- Quarterly transportation credits for Clipper, Lyft, or Palo Alto parking
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Immigration Support
- Standing desks
- Bottomless coffee & snacks
Spry Health provides health care organizations with real-time, actionable clinical analytics to enable delivery of precision care to their patients when they need it, prevent hospital admissions, and reduce spending. Its easy-to-use wearable device is the first to deliver predictive health insights by creating continuous, industry-standard vital sign monitoring.
We are a lean team working on real technical challenges to fundamentally change how people interact with healthcare. You will get to collaborate on unsolved complex problems with some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley. We hire collaborative, humble, and resourceful individuals and give them opportunities to grow and succeed. Your teammates enjoy puns, good coffee, and cooking challenges.
Spry Health is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Annual Salary Range: $120,000 - $140,000
Equity Range: 0.15 - 0.30%
This is a full-time position in Palo Alto, CA.
Remote work is not an option at this time.