Firmware Engineer Intern (Summer/Fall)
Palo Alto, California
Spry Health’s mission is to build the world’s largest physiological dataset to map human health, understand disease, and create new medical knowledge. We are breaking new ground in the field of wearable health and are looking for a Firmware Engineer Intern to join our talented Software team. The Firmware Engineer Intern will develop, test, and support embedded systems for real-time data collection.
- Design and implement modules for real-time embedded data collection/processing applications
- Select, bring-up, and benchmark new IC’s and other technologies that can benefit Spry Health’s product offerings (e.g. sensors, MPUs, memory, wireless technologies, other capabilities, etc.)
- Design, implement, test, and optimize firmware modules that will be deployed in product releases
- Maintain existing firmware libraries (and tests) for Spry Health’s hardware platforms
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering. Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Coursework in implementing firmware running in an embedded environment
- Fluent in C/C++ and has had an experience with Version Control (Git, svn, etc.)
- Experience with one of the following interfaces: SPI, I2C, USB, JTAG
- Willingness to learn, be flexible, and adapt quickly
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong and humble team player
Spry Health provides health care organizations with real-time, actionable clinical analytics to enable delivery of precision care to their patients when they need it, prevent hospital admissions, and reduce spending. Its easy-to-use wearable device is the first to deliver predictive health insights by creating continuous, industry-standard vital sign monitoring.
We are a lean team working on real technical challenges to fundamentally change how people interact with healthcare. You will get to collaborate on unsolved complex problems with some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley. We hire collaborative, humble, and resourceful individuals and give them opportunities to grow and succeed. Your teammates enjoy puns, good coffee, and cooking challenges.
Spry Health is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is a paid internship for summer of 2019.
Compensation: $19-$25/hour, depending on experience
Commitment: 12-week minimum