People Operations Intern (Summer)
Palo Alto, California
Spry Health is delivering on the promise of wearables to transform how chronically ill patients are treated, improve patient outcomes and dramatically reduce healthcare costs. We are looking for a People Operations Intern to develop creative team-happiness initiatives and deliver our employer brand messaging to the world! This role will report directly to the Internal Operations Manager and interface with the CEO.
With this opportunity, you will step into a highly innovative healthcare startup and own meaningful projects that impact employee experience and strengthen culture; you’ll get to design and execute these initiatives from start to finish and witness their results. By being part of a young startup, you’ll get exposed to all aspects of the business and have a chance to leverage the benefits of a small, cohesive, cross-functional team.
This role is for you if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are ready to take ownership over your work. You’re driven, self-motivated, and autonomous. There’s nothing you love more than bringing joy to others and creating community. You’re excited to learn all that you can, and you know that feedback is critical to success. You’re organized and focus on optimization while being creative. You’re a natural storyteller and write high-quality content with ease.
- Employee Experience: Create programs and activities to keep the morale high.
- Employer Brand: Write content, execute social media campaigns, manage our online presence and foster a community around our brand.
- Event Planning: Plan and organize social events for our team.
- Office Management: Manage office inventory and lead interior design projects.
- Recruitment: Lead outbound recruitment and nurture campaigns.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - ability to write good content efficiently
- Thorough - research is an important part of this job
- Independent, organized and detail-oriented, and results-driven
- Willingness to learn, be flexible, and adapt quickly
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup, entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiastic and high energy
- Team player and fun to be around
- Strong critical thinker and active listener
- Capacity to take work seriously while not taking oneself seriously—sense of humor is compulsory
Spry Health provides health care organizations with real-time, actionable clinical analytics to enable delivery of precision care to their patients when they need it, prevent hospital admissions, and reduce spending. Its easy-to-use wearable device is the first to deliver predictive health insights by creating continuous, industry-standard vital sign monitoring.
We are a lean team working to fundamentally change how people interact with healthcare. We look for collaborative, humble, and resourceful individuals and give them opportunities to grow and succeed. Your teammates enjoy puns, good coffee, and cooking challenges.
Spry Health is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is a paid internship for summer of 2019.
Compensation: $19-$25/hour, depending on experience
Commitment: 12-week minimum