Team Associate or Prep Cook
Boston, MA /
Restaurant Team /
Hourly / Non-Exempt
At Spyce we cooked up something entirely new - a fast casual restaurant focused on next-level deliciousness and boundless opportunities for all. We use cutting-edge culinary techniques to bring out the very best flavor in every ingredient and make each meal personalized to you. In addition, from servers to farmers to families, Spyce provides better, longer-term opportunities for its community. When you think bigger, food tastes better.
Spyce employees are warm, kind, helpful, and most importantly -- focused on the customer, since technology handles everything else. And above all else, a Spyce employee loves food - especially our-cooked-from-scratch-with-love food!
Being an hourly team member at Spyce requires a high level of skill. Therefore, our hourly team are not just “associates” or ‘hourlies”, we call them Specialists who have expertise to share with our customers. During your shift at Spyce you might help prep fresh ingredients in the back of house, guide new customers through ordering using our beautiful kiosk in front of house, or help fulfill orders quickly and accurately behind the counter. Our technology frees you from some mundane restaurant tasks, allowing you to focus on what matters - great customer service and attention to detail and speed.
What we're looking for
- Someone with a friendly, enthusiastic attitude
- Someone that loves to help and serve others (both customers and team members)
- Someone who thrives in an exciting and fast moving environment
- Someone who can strive for excellence during each and every one of their shifts
- We welcome everyone to apply, though previous restaurant experience is a plus. We’ll provide the training you need to feel confident working any role in our restaurant.
What's in it for you
- Join a fast growing restaurant at the forefront of culinary technology (yes, we’re pretty cool)
- Career growth and advancement opportunities (we’re committed to internal promotions)
- Commitment to set scheduling (so you can live your life)
- Free food (yes really, free!)
- Paid sick leave and time off that increases the longer you work at Spyce (rest and recharge)
- Generous employer/employee split of medical, dental, and vision insurance costs (you do your best when you feel your best)
The fine print
- You must be 18+ to work at a Spyce restaurant
- You need to be able to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
- Starting compensation for this role is $14.00 - $15.20 / hour with the possibility for growth from there
The application on the following page is designed to be completed in less than 10 minutes. If you do not have a resume, please skip that section and give us your current employment information later in the application.
Spyce embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.