Spyce is at the intersection of technology and hospitality, making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals.
You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
Mechanical Engineering at Spyce
Passionate about food? Love robotics? The engineers at Spyce work with both very intimately. We are pushing the boundaries of robotics and re-imagining how restaurants work. As a mechanical engineer at Spyce, you will be a part of our tight-knit design team helping us build our robotic culinary systems. We have fast paced prototyping and testing cycles; we are constantly building models and testing rigs to ensure that our food is cooked to perfection every time. As a mechanical engineer at Spyce you will be responsible for a module of our robotic system from the early drawing stages to the final product with all the bells, whistles, and fasteners required, while cooking delicious food along the way. You will also work closely with all other engineers on the team to assist in testing and design validation of the many modules of our robotic system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting design, prototyping and build projects for various modules of the robotic system
- Conduct rigorous testing protocols and iterating on design
- Creating and maintaining CAD models that integrate with our Master CAD model
- Working with a small multidisciplinary team to ideate and review designs
- Identifying suppliers and vendors for various components within your system
- Maintaining inventory and BOM for parts within your system
- Integrating your modules with other systems
- Working with third party vendors to procure and build parts
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering (or similar)
- 1+ year of mechanical engineering experience designing and building mechanical systems
- Experience designing and building automation systems or food equipment is strongly preferred
- Experience using Solidworks
- Works well in small teams, able to leave a positive impact on working culture
- Communicates well with people from different areas of expertise (from chefs to designers to software developers)
- Eager to learn new skills and learn from senior engineers
- Willing to go the extra mile to help the team
- Willing to get hands dirty (covered in food if need be)
Spyce does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.