R&D Chef and Menu Developer
Spyce is at the intersection of technology and hospitality, making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals.
You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our culinary and engineering teams to develop the next iteration of our menu
- Perform detailed market and competitive analysis and research to help make educated strategic decisions on all elements of our menu including primary and supplementary offerings
- Collect and quantify customer feedback and implement menu additions or improvements
- Work with the engineering team to propose technology features to enhance our offering
- Work with third party suppliers to establish the supply chain for menu items
- Conduct customer studies and focus group testing on new menu items
- Conduct menu R&D and extensive testing with the robotic technology
- Create and maintain excellent documentation for all elements of our menu including suppliers and prep
- Establish primary use cases for all offerings, and determine target customer profiles
- Enhance our offering for secondary use cases, including children and others
- 7+ years of experience doing recipe and menu development
- Previous experience as a development or corporate chef, working with a wide variety of cuisines
- Extensive knowledge of the fast casual industry, including suppliers, prep techniques and operations
- Deep understanding of customer tastes and palettes, including different appeal for different customer profiles and use cases
- Some background in food science (preferred)
- Previous experience quantifying customer feedback and conducting customer testing
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent using Excel, Word and Google Sheets, and generally software savvy
Spyce does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.