Spyce is at the intersection of technology and hospitality, making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals.
You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
Operations at Spyce
Passionate about serving great food? Love technology? The operations team at Spyce works with both very intimately. We are pushing the boundaries of robotics and re-imagining how restaurants work. As an operations specialist at Spyce, you will be a part of our tight-knit team helping us establish our back-end operation and supply chain as we scale. You will work with our operations lead, executive chef and engineering team to implement back-end systems for procurement, inventory, food spend, labor tracking, prep, waste and delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in building procedures and growing the Spyce restaurant and commissary operation
- Create documentation and policies
- Manage operation files around waste, production, purchasing and safety
- Act as a liaison between operations team and restaurant/commissary teams
- Support restaurant and commissary sourcing needs along with Supply Chain manager
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, events and training for Person-In-Charge at restaurant and commissary
- Help create systems to monitor development of team members throughout employment (from on-boarding through management training and eventual off-boarding)
- Conduct safety and management checks across all food operation
- Assist Operations Lead with translating menu items from culinary development into production
- Review payroll and submit to bookkeepers
- Coordinate creation of financial reports and monitor transactions of operations team
- Be a team player ready to change and grow with our new and evolving operation
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in the food industry
- Flexible hours (this job may require hours to be shifted to provide monitoring at the commissary night shift).
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Sheets skills, and software savvy
- Base understanding of expense tracking and some experience with a P&L
- Incredible work ethic and a willingness to learn and work on whatever is necessary to drive the team forwards
- Exceptional attention to detail and project development skills
- Communicates effectively, professionally, and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Associate degree required, Bachelors degree preferred
Spyce does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.