People and Culture Manager
HR & Admin
Spyce is at the intersection of technology and hospitality, making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals.
You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
People at Spyce
We are a tight-knit team of developers, dreamers, operators and culinary aficionados. We believe in “why-not” and delighting people through cuisine and experience. And we’re growing! In the People department at Spyce you’ll play a part in crafting and supporting a team that brings delicious food to the masses. We keep a fast pace and are constantly iterating on each detail to achieve perfection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Distill the Spyce culture so each new hire lives, breathes (and eats?) our core values
- Scale up people practices so we can continue to attract, grow and retain top talent
- On-board each new hire and develop new material and content where necessary
- Take the lead on looking inward at the organization and how it operates
- Develop people operations to help put the company in a place to succeed
- Assist with recruiting, including generating leads, performing initial phone screens and managing candidates
- Assist team members with hiring by coordinating and scheduling site visits and interviews
- Implement organizational and communication systems as necessary as we scale to improve overall team productivity
- Be the point of contact for HR related inquiries and requestsPlan and execute culture initiatives and events
- Manage compliance (insurance, handbook) and benefits (health insurance, dental, etc)
- Support team members to ensure they have the tools to execute on our mission
- Help coordinate future office relocation, possibly becoming involved in the search process
- Respond to customer emails in a timely and thoughtful manner
- Finance: Take the lead on payroll and work with COO and bookkeepers on general financial reports and management.
- Previous experience in an HR or related position
- Experience building an onboarding process
- Knowledge of what is important to work on (for a growing start-up)
- Knowledge of what not to work (for a growing start-up)
- Experience with benefits and compensation at different levels of a growing start-up business
- Established tool kit for HR/People Operations that can be adapted and used for a growing start-up
- Sourcing or recruiting experience (preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and project development skills
- Incredible work ethic and a willingness to learn and work on whatever is necessary to drive the team forwards
- Communicates effectively, professionally, and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Sheets skills, and very software savvy
Spyce does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.