Build and Lab Technician
Spyce is at the intersection of technology and hospitality, making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals.
You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
Building at Spyce
Passionate about food? Love robotics? The build team at Spyce works closely with our Mechanical and Automation Engineers to help machine, weld, wire, assemble, and test new parts and assemblies. You will be a key player in our rapid prototyping cycle and help us build industrial-grade robotics in our restaurant, while cooking delicious food along the way.
- Fabricate parts out of metals and plastics for prototypes and final designs
- Service and maintain equipment in existing restaurants.
- Assemble prototype and final restaurant robotic systems
- Implement testing procedures for prototype robotic systems
- Maintain a safe and clean lab environment
- Proficiency with four or more of the following skills: welding, milling, turning, sheet metal fabrication, assembly, soldering, wire routing etc
- Flexible schedule to work around restaurant operating hours and deal with issues as they arise.
- Detail oriented for making clean assemblies, especially with tasks like wiring
- Neat and organized, especially when pertaining to tool rooms
- Works well in small teams, ability to leave a positive impact on working culture
- Willing to get hands dirty (covered in food if need be)
Spyce does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.