Backend Software Engineer II
Spyce is the restaurant that’s reimagining cooking and serving up next-level deliciousness. With an impressive lineup of globally-inspired seasonal salads and warm bowls, Spyce takes an innovative approach to dining with an automated platform we call the infinite kitchen. Our team includes experienced chefs and brilliant engineers aligned in achieving a mission of enabling more people to live fuller, healthier lives.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to help support our growth from our second restaurant, to our third, to our tenth and beyond.
This is an ideal role for someone experienced with backend application experience looking for a new challenge while being supported by a great company culture and team. Ready to join us? The ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining back end system powering mobile apps and is excited to solve complex technical problems. More details below on what we are looking for in our next hire.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain a back end system that will power our mobile and desktop applications
- Collaborate closely with Spyce culinary, marketing, and software teams
- Architect solutions to that will provide plans for a feature full and robust system
- Participate in code reviews and testing practices
- Integrate and partner with outside teams and their technology to propel our customer experience
Who You Are
- One of our values at spyce is accessibility. To make our jobs accessible to a wide range of candidates we want to be clear which qualifications below are needed vs. a bonus. We’ve thought long and hard about the needed qualifications below and feel strongly applicants must have them to succeed in this role. However, the qualifications marked bonus are really just that - a bonus. If you don’t have them, that’s ok! Please still apply.
- 3+ years of industry experiences designing, writing, and shipping backend software
- Excited to solve complex technical problems
- Intimate knowledge of at least one fullstack web framework like Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Elixir/Phoenix, or Node/Express
- Experience building both real-time and RESTful systems
- Thorough grasp of industry best practices (e.g. testing, deployment, maintenance)
- Ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members and efficiently collaborate to achieve product goals
- Bonus: Functional programming language experience, like Elixir, Erlang, or Haskell
- In addition to the skills and experience above, every team member at Spyce is united by our core values. Candidates for this role should feel a connection to the values below and be excited to work on a team that lives by these.
- Spark Joy: Be a catalyst for positivity. Seek out the opportunity (no matter how small) to make a difference in someone’s day.
- Be Present: Speak openly. Listen intently. Have respect for other points-of-view.
- Look Ahead: Make smart decisions that drive sustainability, accessibility, and growth.
- Venture Beyond: Push beyond the status quo with imagination and grit.
- Grow With Humility: Challenge yourself to learn from mistakes and build character
Spyce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a team that reflects a broad range of experience and thought. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups in technology and individuals with non-traditional backgrounds.