Senior Software Engineer - Robotic Applications
Software and Electronics Team
Spyce is at the intersection of technology and hospitality, making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals.
You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
Software at Spyce
Passionate about food? Love robotics? The engineers at Spyce work with both very intimately. We are pushing the boundaries of robotics and re-imagining how restaurants work. We build prototypes quickly; test our assumptions rigorously; and build tools that deliver a constantly improving restaurant experience.
As a software engineer at Spyce, you will be a part of our tight-knit design team helping us build our robotic culinary systems. You will own your projects from the early stages to the final product with all the bells, whistles, and features required, while cooking delicious food along the way.
- Build and maintain PLCs and other robotic code systems
- Spec, test, and deliver internal APIs for the Spyce robotic kitchen
- Estimate, develop, and deliver new functionality for the Spyce robotic kitchen
- Debug and resolve incidents
- Collaborate closely with the hardware team
- 3+ years of industry experience designing, writing, debugging and validating software for mechanical systems
- Some experience writing firmware
- Proficiency in Python, C++, and/or other robotic languages
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and configuration
- Ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, and efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals
- Passionate about test driven development cycles
Spyce does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.