Digital Marketing Lead
Somerville, MA /
Marketing Team /
At Spyce we cooked up something entirely new - a fast casual restaurant focused on next-level deliciousness and boundless opportunities for all. We use cutting-edge culinary techniques to bring out the very best flavor in every ingredient and make each meal personalized to you. In addition, from servers to farmers to families, Spyce provides better, longer-term opportunities for its community. When you think bigger, food tastes better.
Spyce employees are warm, kind, helpful, and most importantly -- focused on the customer, since technology handles everything else. And above all else, a Spyce employee loves food - especially our-cooked-from-scratch-with-love food!
As our Digital Marketing Lead you will develop and execute paid digital media and content that engages and delights our hungry customers. This is a great role for a marketer with experience, who is looking to take their career to the next level. We are a small, but mighty team, and you will be our third hire and will play a key role in shaping marketing at Spyce moving forward.
What You'll Do
- Digital Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Works closely with the VP of marketing to ensure that the digital content and social media strategies are global in scope, fully integrated across channels and measurable in market, including building a community and driving commercial opportunities.
- Develops and plans cross-channel marketing programs that are based on digital marketing principles – specifically leveraging desirable digital content and distributing strategically via social media networks.
- Create and manage a 52-week digital marketing calendar tied to brand and product/location launch activities.
- Requires a consumer-first mindset. Should have experience gathering and analyzing consumer insights to inform decision-making.
- Lead the development and ensure flawless execution of digital campaigns including on-line SEO, Google Adwords, digital advertising, paid social media, mobile and emerging channels.
- Lead email marketing calendar, messaging, and execution.
- Drive the creation, execution, and measurement of promotional offers Lead the adaptation and application of digital measurement frameworks to understand the impact generated from digital marketing initiatives and inform optimization.
- Monitor page views and engagement using Google analytics.
- Content Development and Distribution
- Play a critical role in the development of most forms of content and its distribution strategy.
- Sources and develop engaging content (photo, video, and copy) for owned channels, including blog, site and social.
- Engages relevant partners (internal and external) to create appropriate digital assets to execute digital campaigns.
- Author detailed and comprehensive briefs for projects to kick off work with external agencies.
- Informs organic social media strategy and voice with the marketing team.
- Implement social listening processes and disseminate learnings and recommended actions.
Who You Are
- One of our values at Spyce is accessibility. To make our jobs accessible to a wide range of candidates we want to be clear which qualifications below are needed vs. a bonus. We’ve thought long and hard about the needed qualifications below and feel strongly applicants must have them to succeed in this role. However, the qualifications marked bonus are really just that - a bonus. If you don’t have them, that’s ok! Please still apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field (journalism, communication)
- Minimum 5 years experience working in digital advertising and marketing
- Obsessed with quality of marketing content
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, consistency in creating on brand messaging across all digital channels and consumer touch points
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast moving, dynamic team & business environment
- Desire to work in close partnership with creative teams on design led campaigns
- Ability to lead, define, structure, execute, analyze, and optimize multiple complex marketing campaigns across different channels
- Strong knowledge of the technical elements involved in digital marketing practices (site structures, SEO, tag management)
- Experience in managing social media campaigns on Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter including PPC strategies and expenditures
- Demonstrated ability to create original and engaging copy
- Proficient with CRM tools
- Data driven marketer who knows how to optimize spend
- Track record of growing a company’s follower base and executing digital campaigns that have driven revenue and/or traffic
- Experience collecting and analyzing consumer insights
During COVID-19 our team is mostly remote, though some in-person work may be required at times.
Spyce embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.