Supply Chain Manager
Spyce is at the intersection of technology and hospitality, making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals.
You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
Supply Chain at Spyce
Passionate about sourcing great food? Love technology? The operations team at Spyce works with both very intimately. We are pushing the boundaries of robotics and re-imagining how restaurants work. As a supply chain manager at Spyce, you will be a part of our tight-knit team helping us establish our supply chain and back-end operation as we scale. You will work with our suppliers and establish new relationships with partners that can serve us as we look to source the best ingredients for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with our Executive Chef and Operations Lead to understand menu requirements and ingredient specifications
- Manage suppliers, vendors and partners including contract negotiation and new supplier on-boarding
- Find new suppliers and establish partnerships to enhance the quality of our offering and aid our growth
- Work with Operations Lead to roll out new menu items
- Suggest and implement menu or sourcing changes based on ingredient availability
- Take a quantitative approach and implement systems to analyze inventory, food spend and waste
- Implement sourcing, prep and restaurant procedures to minimize waste
- Become intimately involved with commissary operation and suggest processes for safe food preparation and delivery
- Work with product and engineering team to suggest and implement systems and software to aid with ingredient procurement and tracking
- Develop creative ideas to improve the efficiency of our back-end operation
- 3+ years of experience in food procurement and/or supply chain management
- Experience working with a variety of vendors and suppliers, managing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Proficient using back of house management software
- Excellent using Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills with strong analytical and quantitative abilities
- Confidence to voice opinions and propose new ideas to enhance our offering or increase efficiency
- Intimately familiar with common food prep techniques and back of house or commissary operation
- Ability to independently conduct research and propose creative solutions to procurement, preparation and menu
Spyce does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.