Sales Operations Analyst
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company in the consumer protection space. We’re revolutionizing this $30b industry by taking a maniacal focus to customer satisfaction. We work with the most sophisticated retailers and OEMs in the world (e.g., Amazon, Costco, Fitbit). Our customers love us – just check out our 240,000 Facebook fans. And our team is among the brightest in the biz.
SquareTrade is looking for a Sales Operations Analyst who will be responsible for leading analyses that drive profitable growth for the organization. This role will leverage retailer, competitive, field operations, and pricing data to uncover unique insights for internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll work closely with our SVP of Sales and Director of Sales Operations. You’ll work on the most important company initiatives with the broader Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Experience, and Product cross-functional team. You’ll research, evaluate, and recommend the initiatives and actions to drive SquareTrade’s revenue growth. You’ll organize and lead thinking on the Channel team’s approach to revenue and budget planning to ensure profitable growth.
The ideal candidate will be a great problem-solver, enjoy taking the initiative, driving value at every turn, juggle work on multiple projects independently, ability to be extremely detail-oriented, and eager to learn new subject matter.
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT THIS ROLE?
- Cross-functional Collaboration: You’ll be exposed to numerous teams throughout the business, so this is a perfect position for you to use as a jumping-off point (from here you can move into other teams within SquareTrade as you further develop your interests and skills).
- High-visibility: You’ll get to work directly with management, thought leaders, and other influencers across the organization, as well as external retail partners.
- Ownership: You’ll get to drive progress with your projects without micromanagement.
- Impact: You’ll have the chance to make an impact, a big impact, every day.
- Channel Analytics: Utilize internal and external sales and competitor data from internal tools and to gain insight with regard to marketing metrics and ROI. Organize data and update monthly dashboards and PowerPoint slides.
- Landscape research: Lead landscape analysis and relationship building for partnerships and to drive product development.
- Sales Optimization: Work with Channel leads on partner evaluation, analysis of pricing strategies by product categories, and forecasting revenue / unit volume.
- Cross Functional Team Collaboration: Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to internal and external stakeholders. You will partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop the store segmentation strategy.
- New Business Support: Assist with due diligence efforts for new investment opportunities, including conducting expert interviews with industry veterans, partners, & customers. You will perform ROI analysis, and drafting investment thesis. As well as drive cross-functional efforts to prioritize our business needs and identify new opportunities.
- BA or BS required. MBA or other advanced degree from top school a plus!
- 3+ years of work experience (not including internships) is required. Preferred backgrounds include top performing management consultants, VC/PE analysts, startup jack/jill-of-all-trades, and other high-caliber individuals from all fields
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, and who is eager to learn and tackle complex strategic problems
- Must demonstrate great attention to detail; must have strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of statistics, research procedures and survey methodology
- Hands-on experience with Tableau, Python, and SQL skills preferred
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
Who We Are: SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco, Staples, Sam's Club and Tesco. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is profitable, growing 90% year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO