San Francisco / Remote /
At Stable, you’ll design products that EV charging organizations use to architect tomorrow’s infrastructure.
If that sounds like something you’re passionate about, we welcome you to join our team of diverse problem solvers from across academia and the automotive industry.
Stable Auto is an early-stage, venture-backed company developing the mission control for charging station build-outs. We work to navigate the unknowns, clearing the way to a fully-electric future, faster.
We offer comprehensive health plans including dental and vision coverage, 401k, parental and family leave, and flexible onsite, hybrid, or remote work with work-from-home stipends available.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to help us build and scale our breakthrough EV infrastructure intelligence platform. Remote candidates are welcome!
You will help us navigate the complex challenges of building and managing the tools needed to help charging companies deploy millions of EV chargers across the world. The clock is ticking on climate change, and with hundreds of thousands of EV chargers needed in the next few years, Stable's platform will be essential to deploying them smarter and faster.
You are a machine learning engineer but your role will have broad responsibilities and opportunity to tackle large and varied problems as we scale our business.
In This Role You Will:
- Work closely with Stable’s data science team to build powerful machine learning models to predict & improve EV charging station performance
- Develop and architect data frameworks for model development and performance monitoring
- Explore dynamic datasets- craft visualizations of data and elegant ways of communicating complex interactions in simple terms.
- Understand customer needs and identify opportunities for innovation
- Define evidenced-based recommendations of product features based on your models’ outputs.
- Lead the charge. Some decisions are truly marginal, and we trust you to make the best decisions you can. Expect autonomy and full support when you need it.
- Shape the future of transportation infrastructure
- Remote candidates are welcome
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in machine learning or data science.
- Familiarity withPython, Tensorflow, RESTful APIs, Google Cloud, AWS, SQL, CI/CD.
- Some experience in visualizing geospatial data.
- You are able to make sense of nebulous problems, develop innovative solutions, and communicate those solutions in ways that are easy for others to understand.
- Naturally curious and excited to tackle hard problems.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment working to clear a path for all-electric transportation.
- Bonus if you have prior experience in transportation, urban systems, electrical grids, or other related domains that take care of large spatial datasets.
What will make you successful at Stable
- You have a passion for electrification and practical experience in the field
- Your inner problem-solver is ignited by the gnarliest challenges
- You can quickly iterate, navigate uncertainty, and identify when things are not working
- You’re a natural translator — able to communicate complex ideas simply
- You’re a kind, humble, generous collaborator
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Our goal is to build an inclusive working environment where all people feel equally valued and respected. Whatever your gender identity, religion, ethnicity, age, nationality, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, socio-economic standing, disability status, or anything else that makes you special - we value it! We are an equal opportunity employer, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.