Senior Full Stack Engineer - Planning & Reporting
Engineering – Engineering - Platform /
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
Engineering at StackAdapt:
As an Engineer at StackAdapt, you will be directly involved in the development of our advertising platform, producing production level code that will have a direct impact on the success of our product. You will work with large data sets and have exposure to modern tech stacks around GoLang, Ruby on Rails, React, GraphQL and more. StackAdapt’s engineering organization believes in working collaboratively and cross functionally. You will get the opportunity to work in a diverse and flexible culture with dedicated career paths to help you succeed.
About the Team:
The planning and reporting team builds reporting insights, visualizations, and dashboards that give marketers insight and transparency into their campaign performance. We also work closely with our strategic partnerships team to develop our developer ecosystem which includes our developer docs, app marketplace and first party integrations such as HubSpot, Shopify and Segment.
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in North America for this position.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, improve, and debug complex, scalable distributed systems
- Find solutions to optimize bottle-necks and general system wide performance. Always on the lookout to keep the tech stack updated with current standards
- Write extensible scalable and test-driven code, and take responsibility and ownership of projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with team members on designing scalable, well tested, and well documented web architecture, including APIs and backend systems
- Contribute to code reviews, technical spec reviews, technical planning, and architectural decision-making
What You'll Bring To The Table
- 5+ years of building highly performant web applications with outstanding UX
- Experience collaborating closely with Product & Design to design, implement and iterate on high impact end-to-end product experiences
- Experience working with relational databases and key-value stores
- Experience analyzing, benchmarking and optimizing web application page load performance across the entire stack
- Experience working on large scale Ruby on Rails / Go projects, and experience with Server Side Rendering technologies such as NextJS
- Basic knowledge of AWS or other equivalent cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience building performant data visualizations and graphs, and leading large scale modernization efforts to revamp legacy systems from start to finish
- Competitive salary + equity
- RRSP/401K matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®