StackAdapt is the no. 1 performing native advertising platform helping brands accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience.
Ranking the highest in customer satisfaction and performance by G2 Crowd in the DSP category for the fourth time, we're one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and ranks 6th in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 ranking and 23rd in Fast 500 in North America.
We're looking to add a Data Engineer to our data team! This team works on solving complex problems for StackAdapt's digital advertising platform. You'll be working directly with our data scientists, data engineers, Director of Engineering and CTO on building pipelines and ad optimization models. With access to over 500,000 data sets per second, there's no shortage of data and problems to tackle.
Learn more about our engineering culture here: https://www.stackadapt.com/artificial-intelligence-in-advertising
Watch our talk at Amazon Tech Talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRqu-a4gPuU
We'll be responding to applicants that have:
- Proven experience architecting scalable ETL / machine learning pipelines (advertising technology experience preferred but not required)
- Strong experience with Apache Spark
- Strong programming skills in Scala (Golang and Python is a plus)
- Experience in NoSQL databases such as HBase and Aerospike
- Experience with data warehouse technologies such as Amazon Redshift, Hive
- Experience with AWS, ElasticMapReduce, S3 and EC2 in particular
- Experience working with small to mid-size teams, and a rapid development process
- Experience with Airflow or other job scheduling libraries is a plus
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits from League on day one of employment
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not so healthy) snacks
- Monthly presentations from global business leaders and innovators
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A weekly $15 lunch credit via Ritual
- Our weekly Friday social events (sometimes on our 4000sq. ft. outdoor patio)
- Quarterly team events like escape rooms, bubble soccer, obstacle courses, indoor skydiving, boat cruises, the list goes on…
StackAdapt is a digital advertising platform that helps brands accelerate customer acquisition by reaching relevant audiences through native, display, and video advertisements. Over the last four years, we have been a pioneer in the native advertising space, applying some of the most progressive work in machine learning and data-intelligence capabilities into real-time campaign optimization.
Our brand new office is located at King and Sherbourne near Toronto's historic Distillery District and the St. Lawrence Market. Our Walk, Bike and Transit Score are all over 90.
We've been recognized for our high performing campaign conversion rates, award winning customer service, and innovation by numerous industry publications including:
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. We welcome and encourage anyone and everyone to apply.