Engineering – Engineering - Backend Infrastructure /
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
Our system handles over 3 million requests per second and billions of data points in the real-time advertising ecosystem. We're seeking a Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team and focus on Infrastructure as Code, Security, and Business Continuity planning. Our technologies hosted on AWS include Ruby on Rails, Go, React, Aerospike, Redis, ScyllaDB, Elasticsearch, and others.
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in the Canada for this position.
What you will be doing:
- Optimize our AWS infrastructure by implementing best practices and industry standards.
- Establish tooling and automation processes for infrastructure as code, intrusion and malware detection, business continuity, and disaster recovery planning.
- Perform security assessments for new projects, technologies, and services, ensuring compliance and risk mitigation.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and security guidelines, procedures, and documentation to streamline operations and promote knowledge sharing.
- Implement and enhance observability solutions, incorporating monitoring, logging, and tracing tools to provide actionable insights and improve overall system performance and reliability.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in Infrastructure/DevOps/Site Reliability
- A strong prior working knowledge of AWS technologies.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes containerized services.
- Familiarity with establishing KPIs on critical systems and operations
- prior experience managing instrumentation for complex AWS environments at scale
- Experience with as many of our existing technologies is a large plus: Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Packer, Vagrant, Boundary, Consul, Waypoint, Redis, Aerospike, Go, ScyllaDB, Elasticsearch, RDS, Grafana, Prometheus, Kafka, Envoy, Nginx
- Competitive salary + equity
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®