Product Analytics Engineer
Product – Product Analytics /
On StackAdapt's Product team, you will be building products that help our customers thrive.
As a Product Analytics Engineer, you hold a high-leverage position that influences every product team's decisions with data. Every day will have its own interesting set of challenges as you work to empower your team with actionable insights and recommendations. You'll collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to help ensure that we're building the right thing for the right reasons.
You've worked in Product Analytics before, and can speak to times when your insights have led to informed product decisions and successes.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide product teams with useful, actionable insights and data-informed recommendations
- Work with Product Managers to research, understand, and validate user needs & market opportunities to inform your analysis
- Proactively identify areas of improvement in our products, and help objectively prioritize the opportunities
- Add telemetry, instrumentation, and analytics tools as needed to track user events and engagement
- Tactfully implement A/B (split) testing to provide useful insights, with careful attention not to over-analyze
- Impeccable communication skills, to convey the impact of our shipped products to all stakeholders
- Become an expert in ad-tech and programmatic media buying, understanding the competitive landscape, the evolving market needs, and how those things relate to StackAdapt's mission and vision
Requirements - We'll only be reaching out to applicants that have:
- At least 3+ years of experience in Data Analytics or Business Intelligence in a tech company; where your primary function was to inform and empower Product teams
- Strong proficiency in SQL as well as scripting in R or Python - and how to use it to acquire relevant product usage data
- Excellent quantitative & analytical abilities - and you can speak to your successes directly influencing & empowering product decisions
- Experience communicating the impact of shipped products to all stakeholders
- Experience building visual dashboards (Tableau, Looker, etc.) to empower others with data
- Experience with product analytics tools (Pendo, FullStory, Mixpanel, Amplitude, etc.) and how to best leverage their information
- Your communication is crisp, clear, and effective whether written or verbal - and you always know your audience
- Empathy for all stakeholders - you have no problem being "in their shoes", and have strong diplomacy skills that encourage cross-team collaboration
- An understanding of Lean, Agile, and modern Product Management & development best practices
- You lead by influence, not formal authority
- Competitive salary with RRSP matching
- Full benefits from League on day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A weekly $15 lunch credit via Ritual
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events (virtually!)
StackAdapt is a self-serve programmatic advertising platform used by the most exceptional digital marketers. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience. Ad buyers plan, execute, and manage data-driven digital advertising campaigns across all devices, inventory, and publisher partners. StackAdapt is a Top 100 Software Product on G2, being the only DSP on the Best Software Products and Highest Satisfaction lists.
We've been recognized for our high performing campaign conversion rates, award-winning customer service, and innovation by numerous industry publications including:
A Top Growing Company in Canada based on the Globe and Mail's 2020 Business Report
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. We welcome and encourage anyone and everyone to apply.