Senior Product Marketing Manager (Remote)
San Francisco /
What is Stackbit?
Stackbit is a DXP engine that combines an open developer platform that easily adds visual editing and management to any modern web site, satisfying both engineers and marketers/business users without compromises. Developers can code exactly the way they want, easily manage data sources and focus on creating components, all the while providing marketers and other business users an intuitive and powerful interface to create, edit and accomplish their goals.
The Product Marketing Manager opportunity
We're looking for an experienced product marketer with the talent to capture the essence of complex systems with multiple user personas and explain their value clearly. More details below.
What it's like to work with us
We are a lean team of explorers, builders, scientists, and just plain curious folks who live and breathe websites. We’re tackling the massive challenge of making modern tech stacks usable to teams of developers and business people who need to leverage their websites and create real impact, without compromising on either infrastructure or ease of building and editing.
At Stackbit, you will have the prerogative to make things happen, along with the empowerment to determine what these things are. You will be an important leader, in a fully-distributed organization, with an uncanny entrepreneurial spirit and relentless motivation to move the needle where it counts. We help each other, uplift each other, and rely on each other's feedback and expertise to inform our choices and help us all build better websites.
As Product Marketing Manager, what will you be doing at Stackbit?
- Develop an expert understanding of Stackbit’s product to create a compelling and impactful story for a range of customers, from self-serve to enterprise, and developers to no-coders
- Help define go-to-market strategies and product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and lead high-impact feature releases that drive adoption and revenue
- Follow market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop effective product positioning
- Collaborate directly with Product, Design, Sales, and Developer Relations to produce, execute, and test new content, platforms, tools, and data, setting up the foundation for scaling
- Work on demand-generation strategies
Minimum requirements for the role
- You have a strong product marketing background at a developer-focused company
- You’re adept at translating complex technical concepts into business value
- Demonstrable and relevant content examples or portfolio
- Basic understanding of the modern websites ecosystem is a plus
- Deep empathy for all users and enthusiasts
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative, remote role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. The vast majority of our customer-facing content and relations are in English
- Startup experience - fully autonomous, working without a handbook and defining your own role as you go along, quickly adapting to changes and excited by moving fast and driving impact
What will make us a good fit together?
- We are all active contributors. Even though we often work asynchronously, we are highly collaborative. You enjoy sharing new ideas and learning new technologies and being in the thick of it.
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never "somebody else's problem" and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen.
- We're explorers, builders, scientists and just plain curious. You have a natural curiosity and ability to take a deep dive to find the root cause of an issue and work with the team to resolve it, to the delight of our users.
- We are empathetic, direct, and strive to be excellent listeners. We learn from each other and strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves. You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. You take pride in owning your successes and failures and use them to improve your work and the work of those around you, to build a better product and team.
- We value work/life balance. You are able to sort priorities, understand the big-picture vision, and manage your time well.
- You work to understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we're doing against those objectives and ruthlessly execute, while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve.
- We come from a variety of countries, time zones, and cultures and all are welcome and valued. You are comfortable working with a fully distributed, global team, with different availabilities and engage in discussions about the product in a meaningful way.
The Stackbit hiring process generally consists of 3 stages over the course of 1-2 weeks.
We take a straightforward and mindful approach to interviewing. During the process, you'll meet with a founder, related team members, and complete a skills review, either written or by virtual meeting. Interviews are 30-60 minutes and usually 1:1.