Developer Advocate (Remote)
San Francisco /
What is Stackbit?
Stackbit is the first open, complete platform for the Jamstack — it's the easiest way to get started with the best tools for the modern web. Our website production platform, based on next-gen Jamstack technology, rethinks how we build, edit and even host websites. We are on a mission to make this modern architecture available and easily usable for everyone — developers, marketers, content creators and designers.
What it's like to work with us
We are a lean team of explorers, builders, scientists and just plain curious folks who live and breathe the Jamstack. We decided to tackle the massive challenge of orchestrating an ever-growing set of tools that need to play nicely together, and we keep this in mind with every project we decide to take on. At Stackbit, you will have the prerogative to make things happen, along with empowerment to determine what these "things" are. You will be part of a flat, fully distributed organization, with an uncanny entrepreneurial spirit and relentless motivation to move the needle where it counts. We help each other, uplift each other, and rely on each other's feedback and expertise to inform our choices and help us make the web, better.
As a Developer Advocate, what will you be doing?
- TL;DR - you'll work closely with product, marketing and Developer Experience engineers to maintain Stackbit's image and voice for our developer communities
- Engage our developers IRL and online through all available mediums driving them through the "awareness → activation → retention → success" funnel
- You will own developer relations and advocacy at Stackbit, which means a lot of agency in determining exactly what you work on, as well as the responsibility that comes with it
- Immerse yourself in online customer conversations and seek those out, through social media platforms, tech blogs, forums, virtual events and more
- Create and participate in how-tos, walkthroughs, videos, screencasts, virtual events, creative content, and have ownership over the Stackbit blog
- You will contribute to our overall developer strategy with your industry experience, relationships, and knowledge of developer best practices, trends, and concepts
- Provide meaningful feedback to our Product and Engineering teams to help improve our offering and creatively address user-specific requests
Minimum requirements for the role
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the node.js ecosystem, static site generators, and headless CMS and other components of modern / Jamstack web development
- Profound understanding of, and proven active participation in developer communities and channels, including Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, Github, Stack Overflow, HackerNews, etc.
- Exceptional charisma in both verbal and written communication skills, including grammatical correctness and storytelling
- At least 3 years of senior experience in Developer Advocacy / Relations
- Front-end development experience
- Startup experience - fully autonomous, working without a handbook and defining your own role as you go along, quickly adapting to changes and excited by moving fast and driving impact
What will make us a good fit together?
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never "somebody else's problem" and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen
- You enjoy writing and creating content that will help other developers and users accomplish their goals and make them successful
- Ability to take a deep dive to find the root cause of an issue and work with the team to resolve it to the delight of our users
- Take pride in owning your successes and failures and use them to improve your work and the work of those around you, to build a better product and team
- You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. We strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves
- Impact-driven - We understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we're doing against those objectives and ruthlessly execute, while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve.
- Able to communicate across countries and cultures, and engage in discussions about the product in a meaningful way. Comfortable working with a fully distributed, global team, with different timezones and availabilities
- In addition to written communication, you're comfortable engaging in live and recorded speaking and demoing
What does the hiring process look like?
We take a straightforward and mindful approach to interviewing. During the process, you'll meet with a founder, related team members, and complete a technical skills review, either written or by virtual meeting. Interviews are 30-60 minutes and usually 1:1.