Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
New York /
What is Stackbit?
Stackbit is a new breed of site builder. While most site builders are optimized for one type of user, Stackbit creates a balanced and unparalleled experience for all creators — developers, designers, marketers, no-coders, and low-coders. We’re achieving this by rethinking how to build, host, and maintain websites using modern Jamstack-based patterns and popular open-source tooling.
What is it like to work with us?
We are a lean team of explorers, builders, scientists, and just plain curious folks who live and breathe websites. We’re tackling the massive challenge of bringing visual editing capabilities to modern tech stacks — to optimize the website-building process for all roles on a web project.
At Stackbit, you will have the prerogative to make things happen, along with the empowerment to determine what these things are. You will be part of a flat, fully-distributed organization, with an uncanny entrepreneurial spirit and relentless motivation to move the needle where it counts. We help each other, uplift each other, and rely on each other's feedback and expertise to inform our choices and help us all builder better websites.
As Senior Software Engineer, what will you be doing at Stackbit?
- Making the web better. You'll help build the ultimate solutions platform for the modern web, making it a fantastic experience for developers, web creators and website visitors alike.
- You'll expand Stackbit's eco-system coverage. You'll work with most of the tools in the modern web tech stack, evaluate them and help integrate some into the Stackbit platform. For example, you'll have to research new CMS and check for compatibility and integration with Stackbit architecture.
- Help in onboarding customers and preparing their Jamstack sites for use in Stackbit. It's a challenging and super satisfying role that will enable many people and business to achieve their goals, while helping make our own tools better.
- Be on the front lines of integrations and working with real clients to help generate insights and requirements for new tools and features within the Stackbit platform, which you can then help build.
Requirements for the role - In order of importance
- 3+ years experience with React and React-based tools (Redux, Storybook, etc.)
- 3+ years experience using Node.js and developing NPM packages
- Expertise in best practices and conventions for each Jamstack tool
- Strong knowledge of Typescript
- Experience with one or more of the following headless CMSs: Contentful, Sanity, Forestry, Netlify CMS, Dato CMS, Kontent, Graph CMS, etc.
- Experience with headless CMS schema concept
- Experience with static site generators: Gatsby (React), Next.js (React)
What will make us a good fit together?
- We are all active contributors. Even though we often work asynchronously, we are highly collaborative. You enjoy sharing new ideas and learning new technologies and being in the thick of it.
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never "somebody else's problem" and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen.
- We're explorers, builders, scientists and just plain curious. You have a natural curiosity and ability to take a deep dive to find the root cause of an issue and work with the team to resolve it, to the delight of our users.
- We are empathetic, direct, and strive to be excellent listeners. We learn from each other and strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves. You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. You take pride in owning your successes and failures and use them to improve your work and the work of those around you, to build a better product and team.
- We value work/life balance. You are able to sort priorities, understand the big-picture vision, and manage your time well.
- You work to understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we're doing against those objectives and ruthlessly execute, while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve.
- We come from a variety of countries, time zones, and cultures and all are welcome and valued. You are comfortable working with a fully distributed, global team, with different availabilities and engage in discussions about the product in a meaningful way.
What does the hiring process look like?
We take a straightforward and mindful approach to interviewing. During the process, you'll meet with a founder, related team members, and complete a technical skills review, either written or by virtual meeting. Interviews are 30-60 minutes and usually 1:1.