Product Manager (Remote)
San Francisco /
What is Stackbit?
Stackbit is the first open, complete platform for the Jamstack — it's the easiest way to get started with the best tools for the modern web. Our website production platform, based on next-gen Jamstack technology, rethinks how we build, edit and even host websites. We are on a mission to make this modern architecture available and easily usable for everyone — developers, marketers, content creators and designers.
What is it like to work with us?
We are a lean team of explorers, builders, scientists and just plain curious folks who live and breathe the Jamstack. We decided to tackle the massive challenge of orchestrating an ever-growing set of tools that need to play nicely together, and we keep this in mind with every project we decide to take on. At Stackbit, you will have tons of impact and have the prerogative to make things happen, along with empowerment to determine what these "things" are. You will be part of a flat, fully-distributed organization, with an uncanny entrepreneurial spirit and relentless motivation to move the needle where it counts. We help each other, uplift each other, and rely on each other's feedback and expertise to inform our choices and help us make the web, better.
As Product Manager, what will you be doing at Stackbit?
- Making the web better with the ultimate product that connects business with technology! You will help make a faster, more secure web, providing a great developer experience, and at the same time empower non-technical folks to take advantage of those benefits.
- You'll have tons of autonomy and agency to drive impact and direct the company's future.
- Your peers will be some of the top minds in product and web technologies, so you'll have amazing learning (and teaching) opportunities.
- You'll be working closely with the founders to understand the company's mission, vision and strategic goals and turn them into product goals (while researching the market, interviewing users, collaborating with the rest of the team and all that good stuff).
- Then you'll turn the product goals into concrete projects with detailed specs that design and engineering can work on.
- Finally, you'll make sure the team is executing, delivering the projects and achieving the product and company goals.
- You'll have to be flexible, work on various products and initiatives concurrently, have strong opinions and hold them weakly, show tremendous grit and just get things done.
Minimum requirements for the role
- 5+ years of experience as a PM (CEO and entrepreneurial experience could be a substitute). It's a senior position where you're expected to know the job inside and out.
- You must have a very strong technical background as a software engineer. Stackbit is a tool for both non-technical people and software developers, which means this requirement goes beyond the technical understanding of the product. You'll need some experience writing code, working with developer tools, writing documentation, and just relating to the developer persona.
- Having said that, you're also expected to be able to provide simple interfaces for our non-technical users, have a strong product sense and eye for design aesthetics.
- You'll need to have worked with data - a lot. This means setting OKRs and working methodically to achieve them. When you're making a decision that's not data-informed you cringe. You can work with any analytics tool out there and preferably write SQL.
- You'll need strong communication skills, written and verbal. We're a distributed team across multiple timezones and cultures and so knowing when to communicate, what to say and through which medium is paramount.
What will make us a good fit together?
- We are self-starters, comfortable with ambiguity and working without a guidebook. You understand the big picture and are able to zoom out and autonomously confirm your projects and goals are in alignment with it.
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never "somebody else's problem" and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen. We take pride in owning our successes and failures and using them to improve our work and the work of those around us to build a better product and team.
- Ability to take a deep dive to find the root cause of an issue and work with the team to resolve it to the delight of our users.
- You are an active contributor. You enjoy sharing new ideas and learning new technologies.
- You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. We strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves
- Comfortable with change - we have a clear vision and target and we're moving fast towards it, exploring new paths and opportunities.
- Impact-driven! We understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we're doing against those objectives and ruthlessly execute, while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve.
The Stackbit hiring process generally consists of 3 stages over the course of 1-2 weeks:
1. Conversations with the hiring manager and/or founding team member
2. Technical interview
3. HR interview