Head of Marketing (Remote)
New York /
What is Stackbit?
Stackbit is a DXP engine that combines an open developer platform that easily adds visual editing and management to any modern web site, satisfying both engineers and marketers/business users without compromises. Developers can code exactly the way they want, easily manage data sources and focus on creating components, all the while providing marketers and other business users an intuitive and powerful interface to create, edit and accomplish their goals.
Head of Marketing opportunity
The Head of Marketing will be a critical member of Stackbit’s leadership team, reporting directly to the founders to drive go-to-market and company-wide strategy and hire a high-performing, collaborative team of marketing and communications professionals. More details below.
What it's like to work with us
We are a lean team of explorers, builders, scientists, and just plain curious folks who live and breathe websites. We’re tackling the massive challenge of making modern tech stacks usable to teams of developers and business people who need to leverage their websites and create real impact, without compromising on either infrastructure or ease of building and editing.
At Stackbit, you will have the prerogative to make things happen, along with the empowerment to determine what these things are. You will be an important leader, in a fully-distributed organization, with an uncanny entrepreneurial spirit and relentless motivation to move the needle where it counts. We help each other, uplift each other, and rely on each other's feedback and expertise to inform our choices and help us all build better websites.
As a Head of Marketing, what will you be doing at Stackbit?
- The Head of Marketing will be a critical member of Stackbit’s leadership team, reporting directly to the founders to drive go-to-market and company-wide strategy
- Work closely with the executive team to refine the target market and set company-wide growth goals
- Craft Stackbit’s go-to-market and overarching marketing strategy to achieve those goals
- Develop and refine the Stackbit brand, including brand strategy, voice, and identity, to crystalize the value proposition and position the company as an industry leader
- Oversee the execution and evaluation of a wide range of marketing campaigns across key verticals and channels (owned, earned, and paid) to drive user acquisition
- Work with the CEO and external agencies to identify and pursue media interviews, speaking engagements, and other opportunities to showcase Stackbit's value and differentiate it
- Build, manage, and leverage a network of strategic partners who will serve as evangelists of the Stackbit brand and platform
- Collaborate with product and research teams to inform product priorities and strategies that optimize for user retention and engagement
- Recruit, cultivate, and lead a high-performing, collaborative team of marketing and communications professionals
- Forecast and allocate an annual departmental budget, set goals and metrics, and measure and report on progress
Minimum requirements for the role
- Successful track record in leadership marketing roles, preferably within the ecosystem of DXP, website builder, marketing tools and developer tools
- A high-EQ leader with a history of building, developing, and retaining outstanding teams
- Experienced in developing successful marketing and brand strategies and running campaigns in early-stage or high-growth environments
- Deeply knowledgeable about a variety of marketing verticals and channels (owned, earned, and paid), especially the latest digital mediums
- An expert at running analytically-rigorous marketing experiments and making objective, data-driven decisions
- A driven problem-solver who sets ambitious goals, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, and continuously iterates based on results
- A world-class communicator who possesses excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and writing skills
- Intellectually curious and passionate about coming up with creative ways to acquire target users more efficiently and effectively
The Stackbit hiring process generally consists of 3 stages over the course of 1-2 weeks.
We take a straightforward and mindful approach to interviewing. During the process, you'll meet with the founders and other leadership roles at the company. Interviews are 30-60 minutes and usually 1:1.