Account Executive (Remote)
New York /
As an Account Executive, what will you be doing at Stackbit?
You'll drive Stackbit's go-to-marklet growth by leading the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to close. You’ll be instrumental in driving new revenue opportunities, customer enablement initiatives and leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and marketers and other business leaders.
As one of our first Account Executives, you will be the point of contact for both customers and prospects. Your role is to identify and develop new sales opportunities and grow existing accounts while ensuring customers meet their business objectives with Stackbit.
What is Stackbit?
Stackbit is a DXP (Digital Experience Platform) engine in the world of modern web development. While most site builders are optimized for one type of user, Stackbit creates a balanced and unparalleled experience for all creators — developers, designers, marketers, no-coders, and low-coders. We’re achieving this by rethinking how to build, host, and maintain websites using modern Jamstack-based patterns and popular open-source tooling.
What it's like to work with us
We are a lean team of explorers, builders, scientists, and just plain curious folks who live and breathe websites. We’re tackling the massive challenge of bringing visual editing capabilities to modern tech stacks — to optimize the website-building process for all roles on a web project.
At Stackbit, you will have the prerogative to make things happen, along with the empowerment to determine what these things are. You will be part of a flat, fully-distributed organization, with an uncanny entrepreneurial spirit and relentless motivation to move the needle where it counts. We help each other, uplift each other, and rely on each other's feedback and expertise to inform our choices and help us all build better websites.
Minimum requirements for the role
- 4+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience - a minimum of 2 years in a closing role
- 2+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- You are a true “hunter”, with experience generating pipeline and closing new business
- Experience with a “land-and-expand” sales model and a Product Lead Growth sales model are both a plus
- History of selling complex technical solutions to customers who span distinct divisions (e.g. marketing, engineering, leadership)
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Startup experience - fully autonomous, working without a handbook and defining your own role as you go along, quickly adapting to changes and excited by moving fast and driving impact.
What will make us a good fit together?
- We are all active contributors. Even though we often work asynchronously, we are highly collaborative. You enjoy sharing new ideas and learning new technologies and being in the thick of it.
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never "somebody else's problem" and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen.
- We're explorers, builders, scientists, and just plain curious. You have a natural curiosity and ability to take a deep dive to find the root cause of an issue and work with the team to resolve it, to the delight of our users.
- We are empathetic, direct, and strive to be excellent listeners. We learn from each other and strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves. You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. You take pride in owning your successes and failures and use them to improve your work and the work of those around you, to build a better product and team.
- We value work/life balance. You are able to sort priorities, understand the big-picture vision, and manage your time well.
- You work to understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we're doing against those objectives and ruthlessly execute, while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve.
- We come from a variety of countries, time zones, and cultures and all are welcome and valued. You are comfortable working with a fully distributed, global team, with different availabilities and engage in discussions about the product in a meaningful way.
The Stackbit hiring process generally consists of ~3 interviews over the course of 1-2 weeks:
We take a straightforward and mindful approach to interviewing. During the process, you'll meet with a couple of sales team members and a founder. Interviews are 30-60 minutes and usually 1:1.