Head of Content
We’re on a mission to support a user-owned internet where users can own the value they create. The Stacks Foundation is a leader within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin.
We are looking for an experienced content creator with a primary focus on written content, but who can help guide the overall Stacks narrative across different mediums such as video, infographics, and more. The right candidate will be an excellent editor and storyteller with a strong sense for pulling out the most salient narratives in news and evergreen content.
With so much news happening all the time throughout the Stacks ecosystem, the team is in need of additional support to tell those stories while also keeping time cleared to produce longer-form and educational content about Stacks. There is also a host of key topics about Stacks infrastructure and concepts that need to be expounded on and shared - in this role you will make that happen.
You’ll thrive in this role if you operate with curiosity, have the ability to quickly learn and understand new concepts, and are able to absorb and distill large amounts of information. In this role, you will play a major role in ensuring the story of Stacks reaches more people and has a deeper impact.
This role offers a lot of autonomy and moves at a fast pace, you’ll work alongside an ambitious and friendly team.
What you'll do:
- Produce long-form content covering key aspects of Stacks
- Support production of key educational content related to Stacks
- Be the editor and final approver on all published written content including but not limited to blogs, newsletters, social content, press releases, and emails
- Drive the content drafting process by managing the team and any staff writers
- Reinforce the overarching Stacks narrative through written content
- Play a key positioning and strategic role in any multimedia production
- Proactively propose high-impact stories and angles and lead production
- Interview teammates, developers, and others in the community to extract high-leverage stories and information
- Ensure consistency of brand voice across channels and support the overarching messaging of the Stacks ecosystem
What we're looking for:
- Experienced writer with a relatively deep portfolio
- Experienced editor (content and grammar)
- Marketing mindset with a savvy for positioning via written content
- 'Reporter' mindset with strong research instincts
- General working knowledge of inbound marketing and SEO best practices
- Exceptional attention to detail
We’d like to hear from you even if you don’t meet every point exactly.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary (regardless of location, benchmarked annually against NYC)
- $500/month co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Health and dependent care (FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
- Fully remote in the US - no physical office
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full-time U.S.-based employees. Benefits information for non-US-based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
The Stacks Foundation wants to make it easier for experiments to happen on the road to a better internet on Bitcoin. Our work supports builders, entrepreneurs, researchers, & contributors to the user-owned internet economy. We fund development, education, and community initiatives to build that vision together.
The Stacks Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.