Computer Vision Engineer
Engineering – Computer Vision
At Standard Cognition, we're building the future of retail and changing the way the world shops. We're creating autonomous checkout, a system that lets shoppers grab what they want from a store and be charged automatically. Our goal is to be the standard way people check out across the world.
To do this we deploy large (10-100+) multi-view camera installations into dynamic retail environments. Everything we do starts with our camera feeds: we need accurate 3D reconstruction for tracking, derived geometric features for our deep learning models, coverage maps for our installation team.
Retail environments come with their own challenges: cameras need to be calibrated in a store that never closes, and auto-calibrate if they ever move, all without placing any known objects in the scene. We're looking for engineers excited by such problems, with a strong understanding of multi-view geometry, an inventive eye for developing new techniques for our unique challenges and a desire to efficiently scale computer vision into large installations around the world.
This is a full time role is located onsite at our San Francisco office.
What you'll do here:
- Design and implement systems and algorithms for reconstructing dense 3D models of retail environments using multi-view geometry and deep learning.
- Build algorithms that provide real-time scene understanding capabilities for other systems like tracking and action recognition.
- Implement systems that help us build long-term spatial and temporal understanding of dynamic retail environments.
Who you are:
- Expert knowledge of multi-view camera systems, 3D reconstruction, intrinsic and extrinsic calibration methods, SfM, SIFT.
- Proficient in Python, OpenCV
- Experience with handling multiple cameras is a must
- Experience with parallel programming is a plus
- Experience with a low-level or typed language a plus (C/C++/Java/C#/Rust)
Only meet some of these requirements? We'd still love to hear from you!
Why you might want to work with us:
- We take care of you and your family with health, vision, and dental insurance.
- We're serious about food. Free catered lunch every day, and a fully stocked kitchen with occasional snack appearances from our Japanese office. Healthy and not-so-healthy options are available, as are foods for those with dietary restrictions.
- We dress casually. If you want, you can wear slippers in the office. You should see the creative collection our team has built.
- We live a culture of learning. We want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- We're family friendly. We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to.
- You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
- We offer very competitive compensation, including equity in Standard, to each one of our employees.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.