San Francisco /
Market – Standard Store Operations /
At Standard Cognition, we’re rethinking the way retail works. We are enabling autonomous checkout for brick & mortar retailers with our AI-powered computer vision platform. Since launching in November 2017, Standard has contracts with multiple global retailers and is in the process of deploying our Standard Checkout solution across thousands of stores globally. We’re backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including CRV, Initialized, Draper Associates and YCombinator. We announced our Series B in July 2019.
We believe that each and every individual has a direct impact on the business. We're looking for a talented individual who is excited to to learn and grow with the company. The right candidate will be an empathetic communicator, a strong problem solver, and possess the ability to navigate relationships across a cultural, industry, and geographically diverse customer set. A keen eye for detail and excellent organizational skills are key for this role.
This is a part-time CONTRACT role in San Francisco, CA.
What you'll do here:
- Details. Details. Details. Often, Standard Store is our customer’s first insight into Standard Cognition’s technology, so we want to make sure it’s a good one. You will greet and introduce shoppers to the Standard Cognition store and technology. You’ll be responsible for maintaining the image and brand of our Standard Store and interact with Standard’s customers, vendors, and investors.
- We have an app! A few of them actually. As a Store Ambassador, you’ll be working with our customer facing app called Standard Checkout. You will be responsible for introducing, educating, and in some cases trouble shooting Standard Checkout to store visitors. You’ll be well versed in all the latest so you can provide seamless service to our customers.
- We believe in data driven decisions. With this in mind, you will partner with our Store Manager to drive a better understanding of retail and store sales. Your responsibilities for data accuracy include, but are not limited to; keeping an accurate count of people in the store, correspondence with internal teams, store testing, feedback collection, and helping with sku data collection in Standard Store.
- Our Store Team runs Daily technology checks to ensure everything is running smoothly. You’ll partner with the team to take on responsibilities of testing equipment and ensure record alignment.
- As you might imagine, there is a fair amount of inventory in our store. You will assist with inventory management, stocking duties, Spoilage and occasionally help organize back-stock.
- You’re not a house keeper, but there will be occasional cleaning necessary. During the COVID epidemic, we want to ensure our store is as clean as possible. The safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority. You’ll partner with others on the Standard Store team in order to maintain necessary levels of cleanliness.
Provide impeccable customer service:
Provide internal teams with information around store operations:
Maintain a clean and sanitized environment:
Who you are:
- You have at least 1+ years of experience in retail operations and/or customer-facing roles.
- You are proficient in or willing to learn Google Suite and Goggle Excel.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a highly organized, detail-oriented, and process-driven.
- You thrive in a process driven environment.
- You are willing to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary.
- You are a self-motivated person who enjoys working autonomously.
Only meet some of these traits or experiences? We'd still love to hear from you!
Why you might want to work with us:
- You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
- We dress casually. Some of us wear slippers in the office.
- We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- We're family friendly. We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Not quite ready to apply? Send us an email at email@example.com. Someone from the team will follow up to answer your questions.