Enterprise Solutions Architect - Central
United States /
Sales – Pre-sales /
Starburst is the analytics engine for all your data. We provide the fastest, most efficient analytics engine for your data warehouse, data lake, or data mesh. We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. Starburst queries data across any database, making it instantly actionable for data-driven organizations. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst Enterprise Solutions Architects are responsible for the successful customer adoption of our products. In this customer-facing and highly technical role, you will work directly with our customers to ensure their overall success with Starburst’s product offering. You will partner with field sales representatives to own the technical aspects of the sales cycle, customer evangelization, and qualification process, from discovery calls to closure. Responsibilities include demonstrations of Starburst capabilities, technical sales presentations, delivery of educational sessions and/or technical workshops, running proofs of value, providing guidance for migration from legacy platforms, and assistance with customers moving to production. Solutions Architects are Starburst experts who will provide technical leadership, data management, and analytics experience and consultation.
Grow and retain accounts
• Own the technical aspects of the sales cycle and work closely with sales representatives to drive customer projects to closure
• Shape prospect evaluation requirements, define success criteria, educate customers, and participate in the qualification process
• Define, scope, and execute customer proof of concept studies
Be an expert in our products and services
• Design and build demos, presentations, reference architectures, and custom integrations
• Perform overall system and SQL performance tuning and migrations from legacy systems
• Act as the consultant and expert on architecture, deployment, and design discussions
• Act as the primary customer-facing technical resource during technology evaluations
• Act as the voice of the customer during internal product engineering discussions
• Collaborate with Engineering and Support teams for critical customer operational issues and questions
• Develop field best practices, how-to documents, and contribute to our internal knowledge base
• A willingness to travel to customers as needed
• Expertise or Experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
◦ Analytical and problem-solving skills
◦ ANSI SQL
◦ UNIX/Linux CLI interactions
◦ Data Warehouse usage and concepts
◦ Private/Public Cloud Deployments
◦ Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, distributed systems and storage
• Experience in customer-facing technical roles
• Experience in field sales/field consultant roles
• Strong presentation skills and an ability to respond dynamically to questions in real-time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment with cutting-edge technologies
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $140,000 - $170,000 + commission, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. All candidates receive equity (ISO) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates across all US locations. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in Warsaw, London, Palo Alto and Tel Aviv and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.