United States /
Customer Value Solutions – Customer Success /
Starburst is the analytics engine for all your data. We provide the fastest, most efficient analytics engine for your data warehouse, data lake, or data mesh. We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. Starburst queries data across any database, making it instantly actionable for data-driven organizations. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
We are expanding the way we support our customers and are looking to grow the Onboarding Engineer team. This role will support our proven track record of effectively helping our customers deploy Starburst in their production environment.
In this role, you’ll be expected to understand customers’ current state and help get them to their future state architecture by deploying Starburst in multiple environments.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, eager to learn, can work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and has excellent communication skills. They also have a background in distributed systems, Hadoop, cloud technologies, security, DBMSs, LDAP/AD/Kerberos authentication, and navigating a complex Java codebase.
- Assist and guide customers in the implementation of Starburst from initial infrastructure and security set up to validation.
- Actively juggle multiple customer onboardings and carefully track time and effort commensurate with budget and margin goals
- Project manage the installation of Starburst, managing timelines and proactively diagnosing and resolving unforeseen technical obstacles
- Be the expert in Starburst Enterprise and guide and direct our customers to ensure they make the best technical decisions to achieve scale and performance goals
- Act as eyes and ears of the Starburst team to raise issues, identify risk, and mitigate potential downstream blockers
- Proven track record of implementing customers and adhering to time-to-value metrics
- Project and time management
- Setting up and tuning distributed processing engines
- Analyzing code and using ad-hoc tests to troubleshoot complex issues
- Hadoop (specifically HDFS and Hive)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift)
- Security: Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos); Authorization technologies (SSL/TLS)
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $100,000 - $160,000 + bonus, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. All candidates receive equity (ISO) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates across all US locations. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in Warsaw, London, Palo Alto and Tel Aviv and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.