Account Executive, Acquisition
Austin, TX /
Sales – Inside Sales /
Starburst is the analytics engine for all your data. We provide the fastest, most efficient analytics engine for your data warehouse, data lake, or data mesh. We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. Starburst queries data across any database, making it instantly actionable for data-driven organizations. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
As an Account Executive, Acquisition at Starburst, you have an understanding of the Saas sales process. You know how to sell innovation and change through customer vision expansion and can guide deals forward to compress decision cycles. You love understanding a product in-depth and are passionate about communicating its value to customers and partners. Always prospecting for new opportunities, you will work closely with field sales to drive new logo velocity and focus across the Enterprise business. You will report to an Acquisition AE, manager.
The impact you will have:
- Assess your accounts and develop a strategy to identify and engage all BU’s within your assigned territory
- Use a solution approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Identify the most viable use cases in each account to maximize Starburst’s impact
- Orchestrate and work with teams to maximize the impact on your ecosystem
- Build value with all engagements to promote successful negotiations to close point
- Be Customer focused by delivering technical and business results using Starburst
What we look for:
- You have previously worked in an early-stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a fast growing organization.
- 1-2+ years of sales experience in SaaS/PaaS companies
- Strong curiosity for data and complex issues
- Exceptional PG skills
- Sales experience within big data, Cloud, or SaaS sales
- Simply articulate intricate big data and cloud infrastructure
- Experience exceeding sales quotas
- Bachelor's Degree
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $60,000 - $90,000 + commission, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. All candidates receive equity (ISO) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates across all US locations. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in Warsaw, London, Palo Alto and Tel Aviv and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.