Software Engineer - Full Stack
United States /
Starburst is the analytics engine for all your data. We provide the fastest, most efficient analytics engine for your data warehouse, data lake, or data mesh. We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. Starburst queries data across any database, making it instantly actionable for data-driven organizations. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst is looking for Full-Stack Engineers to work on our growing global engineering team. As a Full-Stack Engineer you’ll be designing and implementing our user-facing products, building functionality and scalability into every level as part of a dynamic and fun team. Daily tasks may include developing product features, supporting a production product, or building tools to help our products perform seamlessly in a cloud-based environment.
- Develop components to bring Starburst’s enhanced Trino functionality to our users
- Design projects and lead them from concept to completion
- Automate testing infrastructure and contribute to ongoing test developments
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment on a growing team with limitless potential
- A passion for Software Engineering and interest in all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Significant experience developing RESTful backend services in Java
- Proficiency using front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or Backbone
- Comfortable with modern HTML and CSS technology stack
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship.
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages
- Appreciation for maintainable, working, high quality software
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.