Enterprise Account Executive - Central
Sales – Field Sales /
Starburst is the analytics engine for all your data. We provide the fastest, most efficient analytics engine for your data warehouse, data lake, or data mesh. We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. Starburst queries data across any database, making it instantly actionable for data-driven organizations. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
The Enterprise Account Executive at Starburst is a quota carrying, enterprise software sales position responsible for meeting and exceeding goals through generating and closing new opportunities while increasing awareness of Starburst in the marketplace. We are looking for motivated, focused, and coachable sales professionals with experience across the full spectrum of the software sales cycle – prospecting, defining, and articulating value proposition, pilot process management, business case development, negotiation, and closing.
- Drive new business opportunities for selling Starburst software and services engagements within assigned territory
- Develop and implement a sales strategy against assigned territory and/or targeted list of customers
- Develop a deep understanding of, and effectively articulate, the Starburst offering and value proposition in the market
- Constantly focused on pipeline generation within the territory to ensure long term success
- Interact with and leverage the Channel and Alliance partner community to find new opportunities and drive existing deals to close
- Manage opportunities through the sales cycle from initial inquiry to forecasted pipeline to deal design and close
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue objectives for your territory
- Provide continuous updates on all active accounts and report on sales, activities, status, and progress on a regular basis (via CRM, webex or in-person)
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Travel for client visits and presentations
- 5+ years of progressive SaaS software sales experience to companies
- Track record of success in closing business in large complex enterprise accounts
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, financial, and organizational capabilities. Able to thrive in an evolving, entrepreneurial structure and environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work at both a tactical and strategic level
- Must possess a can-do, self-starter mentality in a highly collaborative atmosphere
- Have experience working in high growth early-stage companies
- Data analytics software
- Business intelligence software
- Database/data warehousing platforms
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $130,000 - $150,000 + commission, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. All candidates receive equity (ISO) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates across all US locations. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in Warsaw, London, Palo Alto and Tel Aviv and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.