Product Manager (Software)
San Francisco, California
We're a young company that's growing fast and needs people who can keep up. Above all else, we value respect, integrity, craftsmanship and perseverance in our team members.
Starcity is a lifestyle brand which provides beautifully designed co-living communities in major cities, and we're on track to welcome thousands (and one day millions) of customers to our communities over the coming years. We have awesome backers including Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, NEA, Social Capital, Index Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like The New York Times, Business Insider, San Francisco Chronicle, Silicon Valley Magazine, TechCrunch and many more.
We are hiring our first Product Manager. This is an important role on the Engineering team that reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer. You will be expected to work on a variety of different products ranging from web and mobile apps for our members, internal business operations/management tools, payment and order management systems and more. You should be excellent at communication, prioritization and time management; you will work with our Product, Ops and Community teams to build separate (but often related) products and understand the broader context of the company and its goals to determine how to balance our many priorities.
As a Product Manager, you will help define the priorities for the software roadmap. In this role you will partner with a world class team of designers, engineers, and marketers to understand staff and members' needs, guide early prototypes and MVPs, launch products, and continue to improve them over time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the vision—be the steward of the overall roadmap and define/refine goals for Engineering
- Conduct user research, gather requirements and develop product roadmaps
- Understand the wide range of use-cases and nuances of how people interact with Starcity's software products
- Contribute to the company’s strategic direction and translate that into concrete product objectives
- Collaborate with our engineering, design, marketing and community teams to create software products that make our member experience great and our company scale
- Develop metrics, collect data and analyze it to determine success of our software products
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years experience in a product development role, with at least two in product management
- Has at least a bachelor's degree
- Have led the launch of a single product in entirety—idea, design, prototype, development, launch (or something similar)
- Experience launching successful products and features on multiple platform
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extremely organized and calm in the face of chaos and complexity
- Possesses the ability to tease out "hidden" requirements and recognize edge cases
- Is well-versed with modern web and mobile application architecture
- BS in computer science
- Experience as a Software Engineer, Product Manager, Designer or Startup Founder
- Background in data science
- Experience with SQL
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits. We hope to have the right candidate join us as early as June 2018. The position is based at our HQ in San Francisco.
Starcity is an equal opportunity housing provider and employer, and acts in these capacities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.