Fleet Attendant - Seasonal
United States, Notre Dame, IN /
Operations – Operations US /
We are currently looking to hire for our academic season starting August! A flexible, part-time opportunity for anyone to jump into a tech company working with robots. This position is located at The University of Notre Dame. Apply now and start by the fall academic year!
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods in minutes. Our delivery robots have completed over 3 million autonomous deliveries to date, traveled 3 million miles, crossed over 17 million roads and met millions of people in cities around the world. Our contribution to the society includes reducing congestion and pollution, zero emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across tens of cities and 5 countries around the world. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is an exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
We are looking for excited, dynamic, tech-savvy team members to join our US Operations team for the academic year starting in August. The seasonal position (August through May/June) of a Fleet Attendant requires you to help run the daily operations of an innovative food delivery service. The environment will be similar to a fast-paced restaurant/workshop while allowing you to plunge into a cutting-edge technological environment working directly with our autonomous robots. Fleet Attendants will execute start-of-day or end-of-day charging and cleaning of the robot fleet, repair robots throughout the shift, troubleshoot unexpected situations that may arise during the course of a delivery, and work effectively as a team to ensure exceptional results in the delivery service from vendors to customers.
Operational Service Tasks:
- 20% Responsible for operational service. You will be accountable for the morning roll-out of robots to service areas, or the end-of-day sanitation and ensuring robots are charging.
- 10% Transporting the robot to delivery areas by ebike or foot (which may include some occasional lifting of up to 70 lbs).
- 10% Either assisting Merchants or assisting robots in unexpected situations. Report any issues to the onsite team.
- 40% Focus on maintaining the health of the robots through daily repairs and troubleshooting.
- 10% Carrying out maintenance activities and upgrades on both robots and infrastructure
- 10% Maintaining our hub-based warehouse and conducting regular inventories.
- Remote (online) training will be provided upon completion of hiring/onboarding for one week. Onsite training to follow after with a Robot Technician, Site Lead, or a designated Trainer.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Availability for weekends, mornings and/or evenings are welcomed!
- Excited to work with robots and technology
- Interested to be part of something totally new and inspirational
- Responsible and it's happy to be a representative of Starship
- Independent, ready to take initiative in unexpected situations
- Able to work independently indoors/outdoors
- Excellent in spoken and written communication in English
- It will be beneficial if you have experience working with electronics
- Has the ability to use hand and power tools (screwdriver, Pliers, Torx, dremel, drill) or willing to learn
- Someone who has availability for weekend shifts, morning and/or evening shifts are highly preferred.
- Movement ability to frequent usage of wrists, hands and finger dexterity to movements such as constant typing, as well full-body exertion while wrangling the robot fleet.
- Occasional lifting of items with weight up to 70 lbs
- Comfortable riding an ebike on various terrain
Why should you join Starship? We offer:
- Summers off! This is a seasonal role! Having a seasonal position gives you flexibility to take time off during our off-season in the summer months of May through July.
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company.
- Chance to be part of a potential next unicorn company!
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. Starship Technologies “Starship” has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our US employees, and those traveling to the US for Starship related work purposes, from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Starship.
Ready to join our Starship fleet? Apply today!
Job Type: Part-time with flexible hours
Only candidates who send resumes will be considered.
Please include your availability when applying. Early application is encouraged.
Check out our website to find out more about us: