Robot Operator on Campus
United States, Madison WI /
Operations – Operations US /
Full-time and Part-time
Starship Technologies, the company leading the delivery industry revolution with fleets of friendly pavement robots is looking for an Entry Level Robot Operator based in Madison, WI. We are building autonomous robots designed to deliver parcels, groceries, and food in 15-30 minutes within a 2-3 mile radius.
We are looking for dynamic, customer service oriented team members to join our operations. The position of Robot Operator requires to help out with the daily operations of an innovative food delivery service. The environment will be similar to a fast paced restaurant, however you will be in a cutting edge technological environment as you will be working with our innovative robots. Robot Operators will support our robots throughout the shift, solve unexpected situations that might arise during the course of a delivery, and work effectively as a team to ensure exceptional results in the delivery service from merchants to customers.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Oversee the robots during their autonomous operations
- Operate the robot in a safe and sensible manner in certain traffic situations
- Log and report any issues to relevant teams
- Transporting the robot to delivery areas and depositing them at the end of the shift (which may include some occasional lifting)
- Observing robots remotely and being ready to assist in unexpected situations
- Delivering assistance to the robots by traveling on bike or foot
- Maintaining professional composure in social situations
- Acting as a public ambassador and representative for Starship
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
We are looking for someone who is:
- Excited to be part of something totally new and inspirational
- Responsible, reliable and calm in all situations
- Independent, ready to take initiative in unexpected situations
- Able to articulate and comfortable talking to strangers on the streets
- A quick thinker with the ability to resolve non-standard situations in a busy environment
- Able to go outside and assist robots in any weather
- Excellent in spoken and written communication in English
- Comfortable around electronics especially with troubleshooting electronic devices
- Prior experience as a barista, server, waiter, runner, restaurant crew member, and other FOH restaurant jobs is a plus
- Office work
- Speech and hearing ability must be at the level to receive and reply average conversations and exchange of ideas accurately and fast. Visual ability must be ordinary at the necessary level to inspect documents, machinery and systems related to the job. Movement ability to frequent usage of wrists, hands and finger dexterity to movements such as constant typing
- Occasional lifting of items with weight up to 70 lbs
Job Type: Part -time, flexible hours
Only candidates who send resumes will be considered.
Please include your availability when applying. Early application is encouraged.
Check out our website to find out more about us: