Senior Mechanical Engineer (Relocation to Estonia)
Turkey, Istanbul /
Engineering – Mechanical Engineering /
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots, which means that engineering is at the very core of what we do. Not only does our co-founder & CTO Ahti Heinla still participate in developing our software, but we rely on our engineers to come up with ideas for goals & initiatives, to prioritise, and of course to figure out pragmatic ways of implementing them. We believe that the best decisions are made with input from our collective expertise and intelligence, using a combination of data, reason and enlightened intuition.
While engineering drives our company, our mission drives our people. Our contribution to the society includes reducing congestion and pollution, zero emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses. Our delivery robots have completed over 2 million autonomous deliveries to date, driven 3 million kilometres and crossed over 17 million roads. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across the US, UK and Europe. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is a very exciting time to join as we are growing rapidly around the world!
To continue on this mission, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering team. You will be working with hardware that will help make the robots and the infrastructure around it more capable, reliable and cost-effective to manufacture.
*Note that this position in based in Tallinn, Estonia, however we are offering a full relocation support to the successful candidate. to learn more about Estonia and why it’s a great place to be, please visit: https://www.workinestonia.com/
In this role, you will get to…
- Develop new features that make the robots more capable in the complex world.
- Design new hardware for more reliable, resilient and cost-effective manufacturing of the robots and infrastructure.
- Take ownership of mechanical projects and follow them through all the development stages, including the usage on the field.
- Implement solutions in rapid iterations and advance your skills in a fast-moving environment.
- Collaborate with electronics and embedded software engineers on creative mechatronic solutions.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience with injection molding and other mass manufacturing technologies
- Experience with setting up and working with international suppliers
- Mechanical CAD software - strongly preferred SolidWorks
- Design for manufacturing
- In addition to the technical skills and experience, we are also looking for someone who can work well with other team members, welcome constructive criticism and take initiative in discussing ideas. We strongly believe having diverse ideas is what brings good solutions.
It’s beneficial if you also have:
- Experience with FEM simulations (Finite element simulation)
- Worked with PDM systems (Product design management)
- Understanding of mechatronics systems
Want to learn more about our robots, our design philosophy and how we might change the world together? Get in touch and let’s have a chat!