Robot Technician (Manchester)
United Kingdom, Manchester /
Service & Deployment – Service & Deployment UK /
Full-time and Part-time
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries, and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods in minutes. Our delivery robots have completed over 2 million autonomous deliveries to date, traveled 3 million miles, crossed over 17 million roads, and met millions of people in cities around the world. Our contribution to society includes reducing congestion and pollution, zero emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people, and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across tens of cities and 5 countries around the world. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is a very exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
We are now looking for a Robot Technician who will provide in-depth technical support for our robots as well as to our operators, handlers, and partners.
You will know everything there is to know about our Starship robots and will be able to fix any technical problems they encounter!
Did we catch your attention? Here's an overview of the daily job tasks:
- Maintaining the health of our global fleet of robots
- Carrying out maintenance activities and upgrades on robots and infrastructure
- Creating and maintaining internal and partner documentations
- Supporting operational tasks and field rescues
- Working with engineers to improve robots health and design
- Maintaining hub-based warehouse and regular inventories
- Root cause analysis
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- A passion for robots and innovative technologies
- Previous experience in Technical Support and with any service desk application
- Good knowledge regarding mechanics, electronics, and IT
- Proven work experience in enterprise technical support, IT support, or as a technical engineer
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Good self-discipline
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Fluent English
- Eligible to work in the UK
Beneficial skills and background to have:
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems, CLI tools, and scripting
- Hobby projects in electronics or mechanics
- Previous experience in managing a large fleet of devices
Want to learn more about our robots, and how we will change the world together? Get in touch and let’s have a chat!
In accordance with Starship’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we strongly encourage all Starship employees to be vaccinated in order to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.