United Kingdom, London /
Backoffice – Finance /
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries, and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods in minutes. Our delivery robots have completed over 2M autonomous deliveries to date, traveled 3M kilometers, crossed over 17 million roads, and met millions of people in cities around the world. Our contribution to society includes reducing congestion and pollution, zero emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people, and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries and hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is a very exciting time to join as we rapidly scale our business across Europe and the US.
While robots make the deliveries, numbers run the business. In the Finance Department, we see ourselves as a business partner and enabler for our operating teams and management. We facilitate a smart corporate and financial strategy with technical expertise across accounting, regulatory, tax, and strategic financial planning & analysis, allowing Starship to make educated decisions at every step. We believe in the power of numbers and the story they tell.
We are thrilled to say that due to rapid growth we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team to support the finances of our UK subsidiary. This role will be reporting to the Group Chief Accountant.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to run and own a few of our processes and be an integral part of our month-end process, supporting the finances of our UK subsidiary but also be involved in working with our other subsidiaries in Estonia, Finland, Netherlands, Germany, and the US. You will have the freedom to come up with your own solutions and methods of work.
We are looking for someone who is open-minded, a team player, results-oriented with the ability to solve problems, and has strong numeracy and analytical skills.
This position will be located in either the UK (London/remote) or Estonia (Tallinn/remote).
In this role you will get to be involved with:
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Expense reports handling
- Bank reconciliations
- Tax Reporting in UK
- Reporting to other State Institutions in UK
- Inventory Controls
- Controlling payroll functions
- Working closely with our external financial partners
- Month-end Closing
- Assisting in audits
- Managing day-to-day accounting functions, including payments and accounting entries
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Diploma in Accountancy and 3+ years working experience in Accounting
- Knowledge of UK accounting practice and Tax Laws
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Excel experience
- Fluent English language skills
You would additionally benefit from having:
- Work experience in international companies
- NetSuite skills
Here's why we think working at Starship will be awesome:
- Our exciting scale-up environment and opportunities to grow within the company
- You will be able to work in many areas, therefore expanding your accounting knowledge
- Cross-functional position: opportunity to work with 7 companies within one
- Many possibilities to build systems and processes from scratch
- A competitive salary, with an employee stock option plan
- Opportunity to work remotely in Estonia with visits to Tallinn office
Here's a chance to take care of the finances at one of the coolest technology companies around. Come join us and be a part of the Future of Delivery, today!